SIXTEEN

"What the hell happened to your face?!"

Grabbing his wrist, I yanked him inside, and sat him down at the dining table. His feet dragging behind him.

"That wasn't very nice." He retorted, cupping his hand next to his jaw, the blood spilling through his fingers.

I ran into my kitchen to grab a rag for him to hold against his face to soak up the blood.

Squatting in front of him I held my hand over his, "You did something stupid didn't you?"

"It's more fun that way."

I rolled my eyes and hurried into my bathroom to, once again, grab the first aid kit and some extra supplies for Dabi. I didn't mind taking care of him, that was my literal job for other people anyways. But I just didn't like to see him hurt.

I also took a quick moment to put both pets in my room with the door closed, not wanting them to bother us while I closed him up.

Coming back out I saw him looking down, he looked back up at me a bit guiltily.

"There's definitely going to be blood stains on your carpet, my bad."

I shook my head and stood in front of him, putting the kit on the table, "I'm not worried about that right now."

"What happened?" I asked half heartedly, knowing he probably wouldn't tell me.

"Smiled too wide thinking about you and staples came undone." Dabi offered in his most charming voice.

I gave him unenthused expression.

He started laughing but immediately grimaced and clenched at his jaw tighter, "Ow shit."

Sighing I took off the blood soaked cloth and replaced it with a new one temporarily, "Stop making dumb jokes or you're going to hurt yourself more," I wiped my hands with hand sanitizer, "I'm going to heal it closed with my quirk, okay?"

I began to lean forward to take off the rag when I felt two hands wrap around the back of my thighs and pull me forward. A quiet yelp left my lips as I landed on his lap.

Looking down at my legs straddled over him, I raised my brows back at him, "Dabi, now is not the time for this."

"You can't heal me while you're sitting here?" He questioned, as if what he was asking for was completely rational.

Exhaling deeply through my nose, I stayed silent and on his lap. If his mouth wasn't in so much pain I'm sure a cocky grin would follow.

Slightly moving the cloth, I inspected the wound. Two of his staples were undone and sticking out. His burned skin and non being ripped apart.

"Okay, before I heal you I need to take the staples out, or they'll get stuck in there." I explained, his blood now dripping on to my shirt.

"Alright."

I grabbed a pair of tweezers and pulled them out and swiftly as I could, knowing it had to hurt. Grabbing the last clean cloth I had, I wiped up the blood on his jaw and got ready to heal up his skin.

Just like last time, he wore the same face. A tough exterior with emptiness in his eyes. I don't know why he was so afraid to show pain.

I pressed my palm to the wound and closed my eyes, kicking my quirk into gear.

Within about 30 seconds, the bleeding had stopped and the skin had closed back up. My hand was red from the previous blood, but it looked much better.

I wiped my hand clean on the rag, "So because there's clearly been so many years of damage there, you'll still have to re-staple it."

The black haired man nodded, "Okay. I can do that when I get back home."