NINETEEN

(Dabi's POV part 2)

"On my signal, you light the cafe on fire."

Shigaraki's raspy voice rang into the ear piece. I kicked at a plank of wood left on the ground out back of the little cafe, waiting for more directions.

"What did he say?"

I gave the burly man in front of me a bored expression.

I don't understand why Shigaraki brought him along with us last minute.

With one hard kick, I forced the wood over to the other villain. His features were similar to a bull but without the fur.  I think his name was Jackel.

"He said to wait for a signal." I sighed, sliding down the back wall of the building.

Scratching his beard, he looked over to the side of us confused, "Why aren't we just setting the bank on fire?"

He must be here because he's strong, not because he's smart.

"You aren't doing anything. I'm setting the cafe on fire instead of the bank because we realized there are cameras everywhere. They'd see us if we were behind their building," I looked at him to see if he was catching on, "So I'm burning up the place next door instead. It'll cause a panic and they won't want it to spread so they'll evacuate the employees inside."

"OH! That makes much more sense!" Jackel boomed.

I threw a rock at him, "Keep your voice down. People on the sidewalk could easily hear you."

Right now we were currently waiting for Toga to get prepared to play as a firefighter. I wasn't quite sure where or what Tomura was doing.

"Yeah! That's what the hot guy told me!" I heard a woman's voice exclaim from the other side of the cafe.

But what caught my attention was the laughter that followed after. It sounded too familiar.

It couldn't be...

I began to stand up to peek my head around but my shoulder was roughly grabbed.

"Hey! What are you doin'! You'll get us caught!"

I yanked my shoulder out of his grasp and pushed his chest back, "Don't fucking touch me. I know what I was doing."

No, we are two hours away from where ____ lives, she's not here.

I slid back down on the ground and focused my head back to the mission. I still thought this plan was dumb, but it would most likely work the first time. The second and third? The heroes and police would catch on.

"So why do you look like that?" Jackel asked as if he were a child.

Maybe I should set him on fire instead.

"You're one to talk." I nodded at his boxy head and horns, "Let's just sit in silence. I don't want to hear you speak."

In a normal physical fight he would definitely have me beat, but with my quirk I could take him down easily. Either way, Shigaraki wanted us to work together.

The plan was to set the cafe on fire, and once the attention was there and the smoke had risen, to sneak in the alleyway between the bank and coffee shop. Then light fire to the back of the bank, furthest away from the vault.

"Now."

His voice came through my ear piece. I stood up and gestured to Jackel that it was time. He stood back while I placed my hands on the wall of the cafe.

My whole body rose in temperature. All of the sensations flowing towards my palms. Finally blue flames emitted and caught on to the building, spreading as quickly as they came out.

In less than thirty seconds, the smoke had risen and screams were heard from inside the coffee shop.

"Alright, let's go." I threw up my hood and nodded towards the bank.

Jackel grabbed on to the thick metal fence separating the two places and split it in half, giving us an opening to walk through.

I guess he has some purpose.

The smoke was getting thicker, more wood clearly getting lit up from inside. Perfect cover from the cameras.

The villain next to me began coughing up a storm, "How d-do you breathe in this?"

"Stop being a pussy. Pull your shirt over your mouth and get over it." I pushed his back, forcing him forward.

Finally we made it to the bank wall. The problem was it was made of some harder smooth surface. Something that wouldn't catch fire easily from the outside.

"Shit."

I looked down at my phone, knowing we didn't have much time before the police arrived. I looked around to see if there was any part of it I could do. Up top I noticed a window.

I had an idea.

"Jackel, go grab that plank of wood I was kicking around, make it fast."

He sprinted back to where we were at with his shirt covering practically his whole face and quickly came back with the wood.

My plan was to set this on fire, then have him smash it through the window, lighting the bank on fire from the inside.

Sirens.

"FUCK. Okay, hurry up and give this to me, we are gonna—"

I looked to my side and through the gray smoke I noticed an unforgettable figure. A tall bulky man in the shape of a whale.

Gang Orca was here.

They have a pro hero here? Already? THAT pro hero?

Immediately I knew our plan was ruined, they were on to us. Gang orca was too smart and could find us in the smoke.

I needed to get away.

Looking to Jackel, I grabbed his shoulder, realizing he didn't notice what I did.

"Shigaraki just gave me new instructions, he wants you to run down the alleyway towards the front and keep a lookout." I lied, slowly beginning to walk the other way.

Coughing he looked at me confused, "What? But they'll know I'm a criminal if they see me. I have charges against me."

I shook my head, "They can't see you through the smoke. Once I throw this through the window they will get distracted. Are you going to disobey Shigaraki?"

Jackel hesitated for a moment but agreed, slowly making his way towards the front of the building. Towards Gang Orca.

Once I had my chance, I lit the wood on fire and smashed it on the ground in between us, spreading more fire to keep them from coming after me and bolted in the other direction.

"Hey you! Stop right there!"

"Wait? What?" I heard Jackel yell, "DABI! YOU TRICKED ME!"

Don't say my name you fucking idiot.

Climbing up a small hill to get as far away as I could, I heard his words echo through the air.

"I'LL GET YOU BACK FOR THIS!"

— — —

Author's Note:
This is the last chapter in Dabi's perspective. Also you guys got HEATED at Shiggy having a girlfriend lmao, she has purpose I promise.

Also also, Shigaraki is going to be portrayed kinda :/ in this but I actually love him very much and want to protect him with my whole heart.