TWENTY

I'm not stupid.

Well, that depends on the topic, but in this situation, I wasn't.

I knew why he left. I heard the news reports of attempted bank robberies throughout Japan. How almost every one ended up in blue flames. I could easily put the pieces together.

As much as I tried to avoid listening to the news, it would find its way to me.

Whether it was a sudden report on the radio. Coworkers discussing it at work. Social media articles popping up on my timeline.

I had to face it. Dabi was apart of these crimes. I couldn't lie to myself and tell myself maybe he was changing.

Dabi is a villain and I need to accept that and what that means if I want to be with him.

A sudden smack to my ass jolted me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, brat, did you hear me?" Dabi asked, by the way his eyes crinkled up I could tell he was smiling.

Being out in public, especially right now, he had to wear a face mask and keep his hood up. I wanted to go out to buy some new clothes and since we hadn't seen each other in about a week, he insisted to come along.

"No, I didn't. Was busy thinking 'bout someone else." I teased, stepping towards the clothing rack.

I felt hands squeeze at my sides, causing a small yelp to leave my lips. His face dipping in between my neck, close to my ear.

"Oh, so we're being funny, huh?"

I gave a firm nod and continued sorting through the shirts, ignoring his hands on me, "Absolutely right."

His grip got tighter around me and his hands began sliding down to my hips, "Well in that case—"

"—We aren't fucking in the changing rooms, D."

Immediately his hands dropped and his body slumped, his body weight falling against mine like a pouting child.

"Why not."

Shrugging him off my shoulder I laughed and walked over to the next area of shirts, not liking any in the last. He grabbed on to my back belt loop and followed me.

"Because I actually came here to get something and be productive." I turned to him, "Plus aren't you supposed to not add any extra attention to yourself right now?"

He scratched at the back of his neck and stayed silent.

We never talked about what happened while
he was gone, but I'm sure he knew I was aware. He had also been extra nice to me all day. I wondered if he felt guilty for something.

Changing the subject, he grabbed a random tshirt off the rack and held it up, "This would look nice on you."

I grabbed it from him and held it to my chest, just to humor him, "D, this is really ugly. But thank you."

"What the hell, I have great taste in clothes."

Slowly, I glanced him over, making sure to stop directly at his worn out boots.

"All you wear is black jeans, tshirts and hoodies and like two pairs of beat up boots." I replied, tugging at his hoodie strings.

"Are you saying I don't look good in them?"

Finally finding a shirt I liked, I picked it up and examined it, making sure it was my size.

"Fine, you win." I sighed.

Walking up behind me again, he wrapped his arms around my waist, "Good girl."

My eyes widened. I hated how easily he had an affect on me. But it also could be the fact that he was being so touchy feely in public so shamelessly.