TWENTY THREE

Dabi had spent the night again.

It was nice. Sleeping in his arms. Hearing his heartbeat. He snored a little bit too so the sound reminded me that he really was there.

But it was also summer and his body was like a furnace. Anytime I started to overheat and would try to scoot away, he would wrap his hands around me and yank me back against his chest.

It was endearing because I think I made him feel safe, I don't know what his house life is like when he's not with me, but I needed to buy a bigger fan.

We didn't do much the evening before, both of us too exhausted from the events of the day. So we just sat around and watched tv. Dabi changed the channel abruptly a few times when a news report came on, but other than that it was a nice night.

Now it was evening again. He stayed the whole day.

He told me it was because he was still tired from the affects of my quirk but I'm pretty sure they don't last that long.

The weird thing though was that he had been pretty quiet for the majority of the day. Like he was in his head. But he still didn't want to leave, so I didn't think too much of it.

"Kenma hates you a little less now." I called over to him, walking into the kitchen.

"He still hisses at me when I walk by, he just doesn't try to attack me anymore, but yeah, I feel so much better." Dabi replied sarcastically, sitting on the couch in my living room.

I giggled. I did feel bad that my cat hated him, I never understood why, but at least he was warming up to him being around.

I opened my fridge, "I know it's a little early, but do you want me to make you something to eat?"

"No, it's okay." He called back.

Realizing I didn't have much in my fridge, I walked over to my pantry and stood in front of it, placing all my weight on one foot.

"Well we didn't have lunch so I'm going to make you something anyways." I replied, then lowered my voice, truly talking to myself, "but I'm not really sure what to ma—"

I jumped, startled by the figure towering behind me.

Tilting my head back, I let out an airy laugh, "You scared me. I didn't hear you come in here."

Dabi's hands slipped under my shirt and ran up my sides, his head dipping into my neck.

"I'll eat whatever you want." He said in a low voice, his words vibrating on the side of my neck.

Whoa where is this coming from?

Before I could say anything, his hands traveled lower, teasing around the front of my thighs up my shorts, "After all, you saved us. You let me stay the night. And now you're making me dinner?" He bit at my shoulder, "You do so much for me kitten."

I could feel my heart begin to speed up, his actions clearly working on me, but as always I wanted to put up a bit of a fight.

"Kitten? That's a new one." I looked back into the pantry, shuffling through items.

His finger looped into the back waistband of my shorts and he pulled me backwards, not letting me get away with ignoring him.

"Do you not like it? I can call you something else." He made a humming sound as he thought, "like babygirl... doll face..." a small laugh left his lips before he spoke again, "cumslut."

My body froze and my eyes widened.

"Oh wow, that one really had an affect on you." He gently grabbed my chin and turned me towards him, "Good or bad?"