FIFTY FIVE

One Year Later
(I recommend listening to Gangsta by Kehlani while reading this chapter.)

"Put the money in the fuckin' bag."

The pistol felt light in my hands, aimed perfectly at the man in front of me. He was shaking and slow. So far doing everything I told him to.

This was child's play.

"Hurry the fuck up. I won't tell you again." I threatened, taking a step closer and wobbling my gun.

His eyes went wide and he nodded, taking the money from the cash register and shoving it in the backpack on the counter. I watched his hands carefully.

My breath was hot against my face, the mask I wore leaving little room for any air to get in. But I was used to it by now.

"O-okay. Everything's in there."

"Zip it up."

He nodded once again and did as told. Once the bag was closed I threw it over my arm. It wasn't a lot of money but it was enough.

The split second I heard the gas station door open I aimed my gun at the person, ready to shoot. It was the middle of the night and even though it was a gas station, I was supposed to be clear for at least ten minutes.

My hand immediately dropped.

"Hey princess you ready? A civilian must have seen our masks and called the cops. I heard it on the radio. We need to go."

I threw the other strap of the backpack on, "Yeah let's g—"

"—Move!" Dabi shouted running towards me.

Almost in slow motion, but as natural as a reflex, I turned my body back towards the man behind the register and raised my weapon.

He was aiming a gun at me. Something he must've had hidden for situations like this.

BAM!

Blood splattered across the counter.

I took a deep breath, Dabi next to my side now. His hand was on my waist and wrist, pulling me away.

"Holy shit. Baby we really need to go."

"Give me a second."

I hopped the counter, avoiding any blood and crouched down next to the man on the ground, bleeding out. The bullet had gone clean through his arm like I had aimed, just to knock the gun out of his hand.

"Get away from me!" He shouted, grabbing on to the wound.

Easily, I pushed his hand away. His breaths starting to become labored.

"I'm helping you, idiot."

I placed my palm over his wound and began to heal it, it taking a little longer with my glove in between. I could feel Dabi's eyes look to me then back at the door repeatedly through his mask.

"W-why? You're a villain."

Finally I finished and checked the now closed wound before standing up. I hopped up and stood on the counter, looking down at him.

"Just because I make questionable choices doesn't mean I'm a bad person."

Before he could say anything else I took Dabi's hand and jumped down. Him and I both running outside.

I could hear him chuckle through the mask, "You're always making speeches like that."

I smiled and both of us got on his motorcycle, I hung tightly on to his torso.