TWENTY SEVEN

I refuse to make multiple trips I will bring all the groceries in at once even if it breaks my arms off.

It felt like an eternity for the elevator to reach the second floor. Tapping my foot the sound echoed through the small space. The bags starting to really hurt my arms.

Finally the doors opened and I lugged my body towards my apartment door.

"Hey."

I froze.

All the pain in my arms suddenly disappearing and my brain hyper focusing on the person I hadn't stopped thinking about for the past two weeks.

Sitting on the ground in front of my door, swinging his phone in between his fingers as he was clearly waiting for me to come home.

"Leave." I stated firmly, composing myself and walking towards my door.

Dabi looked up at me but I ignored his gaze, I felt his hand wrap around my shin and attempt to pull me closer to him.

"Baby, don't be like that."

"Fuck off."

I yanked my leg away from him and tried to reach for my key in my pocket, but my hands were too full from groceries so I couldn't reach.

Dabi stood up, taking his phone and shoving it in his front pocket.

"Oh, so you do have a phone? Weird. Thought maybe you couldn't reply to my texts because you didn't have one." I remarked, anger laced in every word.

Ignoring my statement, he began grabbing some of the bags off of my arms, "Let me take some of those for you."

I would've protested but my arms were really hurting. I just smacked my tongue against my teeth and let him help me.

Once I was able to grab my key, we put the groceries on the dining table.

I turned around to face him, and began pushing him out my door.

"Hey, hey, hey." He grabbed my wrists, slowing me down by putting his body weight forward, "I know you're angry but can we talk it out?"

What I hated most about this moment, what made me hate myself. Was that deep down I was so fucking happy to see him.

I wanted to scream at him. I did want him to leave. But I knew if he did, I would truly be heartbroken. So I was genuinely relieved he was putting up a fight.

I pulled my wrists away from him and turned around, arms crossed and not facing him.

"You always fucking do this." I stated, "Disappear off the face of the earth with no warning."

I felt his hands touch my shoulders, "I mean it's happened like.. twice."

My head swiveled around towards him in disbelief, "Seriously? That's your response?"

He put his hands up guiltily, realizing that was kind of stupid to say.

I pushed his chest, annoyed that I could feel tears prickling in the corners of my eyes.

Do. Not. Cry.

"I never know where you go. If you're safe. When you're coming back." I clenched my jaw to keep myself composed, "You leave me Dabi."

His face softened and his shoulders slumped, his voice much softer than before, "I know.. And I know you probably hate me right now, but I can tell you're about to cry. Will you please let me hold you?"

I pushed him again, still so pissed off, but my arms and body fell forward, falling into his chest. I missed him so much. His scent. The way his skin felt against mine. The cotton hoodies he always wore even in the blazing heat.

Dabi's arms wrapped around me tightly, pulling me closer to him. He pressed his lips to the top of my head, then rested his chin on it.

"I have to do these things. And I can't contact you for your safety." He felt me begin to move to argue so he held me tighter, "But I thought of you constantly."

My muscles relaxed, feeling somewhat comforted by those words. That not being something he would typically say.

My fingers clawed into the fabric of his hoodie, wanting him to stay, "Please stop leaving."

He pulled back and pressed his lips to mine, a soft, gentle kiss.

"I'm trying."

I hadn't realized it, but tears had fallen down the sides of my face, wet spots now on his sweater. He took his thumb and wiped them away.

"You said some really mean things at the restaurant." I frowned.

His head dropped and he looked very guilty, "I know. But I had to so Tomura would leave you alone. I didn't mean a word."

After having that conversation with Seiko, I already knew these things, but I wanted to hear it from him.

"But are you," my voice got quieter, "seeing other girls?"

Dabi let out a small chuckle and cupped his hand around the side of my face, "You sure do ask some stupid questions sometimes.. No, ____. You're my girl, remember?"

I bit the skin of my lip to keep from smiling like an idiot, not wanting to give him that satisfaction.

"Are you still angry at me?" He asked with a small smile.

I looked away and laughed a half laugh, "It's hard to be with your dumb face."

Dabi squeezed me tighter and kissed the side of my jaw, "Good."

A sleepy Suki walked out of my bedroom, had just woken up from a nap. Once she saw Dabi her energy spiked up and she ran up to him, jumping up on his legs.

"Hey." He smiled, scratching at her ears, "Have you been taking care of ____ while I was gone?"

Suki licked at the back of his hand, only getting more and more excited. I pulled her off of him, otherwise she would have probably toppled him over.

"Alright girl, calm down." I laughed.

We walked further into my apartment and Dabi leaned against the breakfast bar. I grabbed the groceries and began unloading them to where they needed to go.

"So I know this is probably a really bad time to ask this, but I was wondering if I could ask you for a favor?" He rubbed at the back of his neck.

I raised a brow, "Go on..."

"So some stuff came up and I kind of need a place to stay for a bit.. I was wondering if I could stay here for a little while? It wouldn't be long."

I stared at him. Knowing this 'stuff' was villain related. For some reason though, it didn't bother me. The only thing that had me hesitant was the fact that I was just livid at him for the past two weeks and now he was asking for a favor.

"I can buy my own food and stuff. I won't eat your Lucky Charms." He gave a toothy smile.

I sighed and walked over to a drawer in my kitchen. Opening it I grabbed an extra key I had for my apartment.

Throwing it at him I gave him a serious look, "Fine. But I'm not calling in sick to work so we can have sex again."

He threw his head back and laughed. My favorite sound.

"Understood."