THREE

Maybe it was in my head, but I swore I felt his breath on the back of my neck.

I opened my palm, ready to strike if I needed to. A spike of adrenaline coursing through my body as I realized how this might actually be a really risky situation.

Carefully, I swiveled around to face him. His face just inches from mine.

"Aren't you a little close?" I questioned, reading his body language as fast as I could for any signs of danger.

Shoto nodded his head to the right, "I need the wall to help me stand. You just happened to randomly stop right in front of me."

I looked over to his arm in fact leaning against the wall. I couldn't help but feel a bit embarrassed.

His eyes widened and he smiled, "Am I making you nervous?"

Is he being cocky?

My brows furrowed. Even with my quirk, I didn't want some strange man in my house sensing any sign of weakness.

"No! Of course not." I cringed at my obvious lie.

Wiping at his upper lip, he kept his stupid smile, "Well princess, you're the one who invited me up here so this is—"

Suddenly the sound of excited little footsteps approached us. I looked down to see my pitbull wagging her tail, somewhat nervously, seeing us at the front door.

"Hi sweet girl." I bent over and pet the top of her head.

"You have a dog?" Shoto asked, still staying in the same spot.

"Yes, her name is Suki. And if you try anything funny she will kill you." I pointed back at Shoto, "Go Suki, attack!"

The timid gray pitbull quickly went up to his legs, sniffed, then ran back to hide behind me.

"Good girl." I giggled.

Remembering the whole purpose I brought him up here, I stood up and kicked my shoes off. Shoto copied my actions. I took his arm and threw it over my shoulder once again as we walked to my dining table.

"Here, sit."

Half of my hoodie was now covered in rain water because of his soaked clothes. I felt like I should give him a change of clothes, but nothing I had would fit him.

Without any warning, Shoto began pulling off his hoodie and shirt underneath.

"Whoa, whoa. What are you doing?" I panicked, averting my gaze.

"Aren't you going to help with the cut on my side? Did you plan on doing that through the cloth?" He replied, making my previous question feel stupid.

I forced myself to look back at him. He was right. I just wasn't expecting him to strip that moment. Working at a hospital I see naked people all the time. I help clean them up. It's normal.

But it just being the two of us in my home felt different.

Either way, I needed to get over this stress. I was a professional. He needed help. Internally I shook it out and everything was calm again.

"Right. Raise your arm, let me see." I crouched down in front of him and got a closer look at his wound.

I noticed his purple scarring went in patterns across his chest as well, but the cut was on his normal skin next to his ribs.

Running my fingers down his skin, I gently assessed the cut. His flesh was hot to the touch, I hoped he didn't have an infection.

"Your hands are cold." He mumbled, his arm draped over his forehead.