TWENTY FIVE

"You need to go to a busy public place for an hour or two, then you can go home."

That was one of the last few sentences Dabi said to me before having me rush to my car and leave the restaurant.

I barely got a word in. Everything happened so fast. I didn't even get to say goodbye, he just pushed me out the door.

I knew it was probably for my safety that I got out of there, but it was all so overwhelming.

I had been at the library for the hour he had requested, but my mind refused to rest. So much had just happened and I couldn't even talk to him about it. I knew he wouldn't pick up his phone.

So after the library I went to the place I always go to when I need someone to talk to.

"You tell me everything or you get off my doorstep."

My shaggy haired best friend leaned against their doorway, arms crossed and body language serious.

I hadn't even said a word yet.

"Right. Of course, I'll tell you everything." I stated hesitantly, hoping this wouldn't be betraying Dabi.

I trusted Seiko though. I mean especially after what they did for us.

We hadn't talked at all since I saw them at the hospital the day before. I wanted to call them, but I knew they needed space. Plus I was a bit tied up with Dabi.

Kicking the door the rest of the way open with their foot, they let me in. I couldn't help but glance behind me outside before they closed the door, just in case.

Both of us sat down at their table and waited in silence for one of us to speak up.

"So you're dating a villain." Seiko stated bluntly, a look of displeasure all over their face.

I rubbed my palms on my thighs, feeling stressed already from earlier and now needing to deal with this, "Uhm, I don't know if we are dating."

Seiko raised a brow, "So you went through all this trouble for a hot friend that so happened to be a criminal?"

They reached over and rubbed their thumb against my neck, "Friendly."

Fuck I forgot to heal those.

I sighed and hung my head low, "Let me just explain everything from the beginning."

Taking a handful of MnM's I threw them in my mouth and continued to explain while crying.

We had been talking for about two hours and I had told Seiko everything. They hadn't said too much, but now I was starting to become an emotional wreck, getting to the part of what just happened at the restaurant.

"...and he said I was 'one of them'." I sniffled, "Like what the fuck? I knew it. He always jokes around about boyfriend stuff but I knew he was seeing other girls."

Seiko opened their mouth but I continued.

"AND THEN HE CALLED ME A DUMB SLUT." I slammed my fist on an MnM, the colored pieces chipping off, "Do you know how awful that felt? How small I felt?"

"I—"

"Ugh I want to scream at him but I was too overwhelmed to process anything. I was so scared of that Shigaraki but all he could do was make me feel like shit?" I wiped under my eyes, still angry crying.

Seiko gave me a plain face, "Are you done."

Wiping my nose, I took another handful of chocolate and nodded, "Yeah, I guess."

They took a deep breath as if they were going to give a speech of a lifetime.

"Putting aside the fact that you're ridiculously dumb for dating a villain," they paused for effect, "You're even dumber for not realizing what your criminal boyfriend was trying to do in that moment."

I crinkled my eyebrows, at first at the insult, but then trying to understand what they meant.

Seiko stretched their arms out and ruffled up their mullet, "Babe, Dabi was trying to make this Shigaraki guy think you weren't important to him so Shigaraki wouldn't take interest in you. Shigaraki is probably some sick fuck. If your boyfriend has something he cares about, I'm sure he would use it against him."

My eyes widened and my face went into my palms, feeling stupid.

I was so hurt and angry at him when he really was trying to keep me safe.

"It sounds like your boyfriend has fallen pretty hard for you because he's doing some selfish shit."

I peeked through my fingers, "Stop calling him 'my boyfriend', we've never said that. And what do you mean?"

They rolled their eyes, "You guys are definitely dating." Seiko sat up, "Do you realize how wanted that Shigaraki guy is? He is bringing you into his world. No matter how hard he tries clearly you're going to get tied up into dangerous things."

Seiko grabbed my chin, "I don't fucking like you being in danger."

I sighed but moved my face away, "You don't think I've thought about this a hundred times? I can make my own choices." I paused, "It's just today with that man being there... it made it all so real."

My friend groaned and threw their head back in frustration, "I feel like no matter what I say, you're already in too deep. Am I right?"

I gave them a guilty smile.

Seiko stood up and wrapped their arms around me to give me a hug, "Just... Just please be safe. Make sure Staples takes care of you." They pulled back and looked me straight in my face, "But I'm not saving you from any situation like yesterday again. You choose to go down that path? You're on your own."

I nodded, "I know. Thank you again. Seriously."

Seiko exhaled and plopped back down on the chair, "Alright... now tell me about the sex."