EIGHTEEN

(Dabi's POV)

"That's where you come in and fuck shit up Dabi."

Leaning back against the brick wall, I stared at the blue haired man plainly. I smacked my tongue to the top of my mouth, noticing it felt dry.

Maybe Kurogiri has something in the back that isn't liquor. I don't trust the faucet in this—

"DABI." Shigaraki snapped, slamming his fist on the bar.

I exhaled and scratched at the top of my head, my roots freshly black again.

"What."

The petite blonde next to me began giggling, swiveling in her chair, "You're going to make him angryyy." She sang in a whisper voice.

"He's always angry." I replied back, not bothering to lower my volume.

"I just explained the whole plan and you zoned out when I got to your part. What the hell is wrong with you? You're always gone and now you're not listening to what I'm saying? This is important for us." Shigaraki stated.

"No, I heard you." I paused, pulling out a cigarette, "I just think your plan is fucking stupid."

The short tempered man abruptly stood up, the stool he was sitting on falling backwards and clashing on to the ground.

From the corner of my eye I watched Toga's hand go to her hip, a natural reaction she had whenever things got heated in our hideout. Not that I'd ever let it get to that point.

"Babe, let's just calm down." Shigaraki's girlfriend Zoe exclaimed, grabbing on to his arm to keep him from pouncing on me.

"This little shit..." He mumbled, "Talking to your leader like that.. You think you have a better plan? Maybe I should just teach you a lesson."

A wide smile spread across his face as Tomura pulled off his glove and reached for a glass on the bar. One finger at a time he wrapped around the cup, making sure to keep eye contact with me as he threatened me.

The glass turned to ash and poured like sand through his fingers. Zoe backed up from his other arm.

"Go ahead. But it looks to me," I swiveled my head around the room, before taking a puff of my cigarette, "like you don't have many assets in your hand right now. So killing me off would just make things worse for you."

The three of us stayed silent as we waited for Shigaraki's response. I figured he would just yell again.

But instead he slipped on his glove and picked up the bar stool, sitting back down.

I smiled to myself in satisfaction.

"Fine, Dabi." He began, his voice much lower and calmer than moments before, "But don't
forget I have you on a tight leash." His eyes flickered over to me and he grinned ever so slightly, "If I can't kill you, I can find other ways to hurt you."

"What you need is someone stable to be there for you." "I am."

My mind flooded with thoughts of ____ in that moment. Her smile. The way her eyebrows crinkled anytime I said, well, anything. How easy it was to piss her off but how much I loved when I could make her laugh.

In that moment I realized how easily he could take that away from me.

But even worse, he wouldn't just be taking something away from me, he would take all those things away from her.

I swallowed my pride and decided to stop pushing his buttons for now. As long as he didn't know about ____ things would be fine, but I needed to make sure he had no reason to get in my business.

"Right."

"Good." He gave a wicked smile again, throwing his arm over Zoe, "Now let's go over the plan once more, this time you pay closer attention."

Zoe gave me an apologetic look.

She was a nice girl. Well considering being a villain. Her quirk wasn't really helpful in any of our missions, but she had the capability to simulate making you feel high without taking anything. Her being pretty plus that caught Tomura's attention quickly.

"Shouldn't Kurogiri be in here with us?" Toga asked, typing away on her phone.

"He already knows the details of everything. He is off talking to the client right now."

I kicked the heel of my boot into the floor, wanting to be anywhere but here. Tired and annoyed.

Tomura and Zoe both switched over to the couch, Zoe sitting on his lap. He ran his gloved hand down her back and began.

"So we are still short on funds to get the client to help us. He is not cheap, but I know he will be worth it." He explained, "For the amount he's asking, we will have to rob about two or
three more banks."

"After last months incident and crime rising in general, security is going to be way up. It'll be hard to go the stealth route again." Toga interjected, tilting her head to the side, "And you want us to do it multiple times?"

Shigaraki rolled his eyes, "I'm aware of that. That's why we aren't taking the stealth route anymore. We are just busting in." He stated matter of fact, "Dabi you'll start a fire somewhere at the back of the bank, causing everyone to evacuate, and in the few minutes we have I'll disintegrate the vault door and Kurogiri will teleport the cash. Easy."

Toga crossed her arms in a pout, "What about me?"

I kicked her leg, "You were way too reckless last time. Maybe it's best you skip out on these."

"No, no. Reckless is fine." Shigaraki shook his head, "She will pose as a firefighter and lead the cops in the wrong direction outside."

"Shigaraki, she almost stabbed a cop last time." I stated bluntly.

"And you haven't killed someone before?" Tomura replied, his eyes piercing back at me.

I could feel my jaw clench together. Even if he was right, it didn't mean she should go down the same path. Sometimes I felt like she was just here because she has nowhere else to go.

"That's what I thought." He finished and leaned back into the couch.

"Who is this guy anyways? That you're giving all this money to?" Zoe asked.

"His name is Monoma. His quirk is able to borrow other quirks for short periods of time." He looked to Toga, "He has found a way to share that capability with others. We need to be the first to get our hands on it."

"How do we know he is for real?" I asked, taking another drag of my cigarette.

"I've met him and tried it out. It's this weird pill and only lasts ten minutes but imagine what we could do in that time!" Shigaraki began laughing.

His laughs echoed in my ears, a sound I had heard many times before something bad happened. But, I always handled it one way or another.

"We go to the first bank tomorrow. Get ready."