THIRTY

I could feel my throat being crushed.

The edges of my vision were getting dark and my wrists were screaming in pain. My lungs were desperate for air, any little bit I could get in were short and shallow.

He had the upper hand. Without my quirk there was only so much I could do against a man this large. I may be strong and decently fast; but he was deadly.

I heard him sigh as we both stood there, him slowly pushing my body further into the hard wall.

"I was hoping he'd be here. Would've made things easier." The villain snorted, "Guess I'll have to take you hostage now."

Another small yelp came from behind us. Suki was trying to move, probably to come help me.

No girl, stay there. I'm so sorry baby.

"Ugh your stupid mutt bit me. I had to kick her off of me." He remarked, no remorse.

My muscles tensed and I jerked instinctively but he used my neck to slam my head against the wall.

"I'll knock you out just like that dog."

Knowing it was probably best, I stayed still.

I didn't know if I wished Dabi was still here or not. Part of me did, then there would be two against one. But another part of me knew this villain really had something against him, which usually only lead to one thing.

I'm going to be gone and Dabi will have no idea where I went. The door is busted open though, he will know I was taken.

My mind raced as I tried to think of the million situations that could happen next before I passed out.

"You are ____, right?" He mumbled the next part to himself, "If he gave me the wrong place I swear to god..."

The villain let go of my neck to pull out his phone to check something.

Now's my chance.

I slammed the back of my head against his nose, using my legs to push off against the wall to force him backwards.

"OW FUCK! YOU DUMB BITCH!" He screamed, grabbing on to his nose.

I turned around and jumped on the table, almost in slow motion trying to decide if I should grab my phone and run or try to touch him and knock him out.

But it was too late. He grabbed my ankle and yanked me down, my whole back slamming against the wooden table.

"AHH!" I gasped, the pain radiating throughout my whole body.

He dragged my body off the table and pinned me to the ground, his body on top of mine. My wrists stuck again. He pulled back his fist and slammed it into my cheek, making my head limp.

How am I still conscious?

"Nice try. Next time you try a stunt like that, you're dead. He will come no matter what, it doesn't matter to me if you're dead or alive." He snorted air through his snout.

With all this shouting the police should be here soon. Right?

"You know what? I don't feel like putting up with your fighting. Let's just end this right—"

My eyes widened as I saw a tall shadow loom over him.

The villain saw my expression but before he could turn around, the back of his collar was being grabbed and he was thrown across the room, his head smashed against the leg of the table.

I hurriedly sat up, not wanting to be in a vulnerable position anymore. I practically cried tears of joy at the sight in front of me.

Dabi.