THIRTY FOUR

The bags under my eyes were heavy like weights.

Even if I was trying to accept this new life, sleeping in a building full of dangerous villains was not something I could comfortably do.

"I really didn't think all of this would happen." Dabi mumbled, as he stopped at a red light.

"It's fine." I yawned, "I can handle myself."

Dabi gave me a look.

"Okay, well, he took me by surprise. And that villain was really big. Usually I can handle myself." I smiled guiltily, "But really, I'm okay."

He sighed, "I just don't want to put you in danger."

"Will you stop saying that."

"I will when it stops becoming a possibility."

There was silence in the car, both of us in such different head spaces but in the same situation now. Sort of.

"Where are we going?" I asked, rubbing my eyelids.

Dabi reached over and held on to my thigh as he drove, keeping his eyes on the road. His hand was warm and comforting.

"I'm taking you to a hotel so you can get some sleep, baby."

I shook my head, "No. I just want to go home."

Even after everything that happened, I missed my bed. I wanted my shower. The coziness of my home.

No villain could take that away from me.

Dabi glanced over at me, "Are you sure?"

I groaned, "Oh shit I forgot about my door."

Squeezing my thigh he replied, "Already taken care of."

I looked at him in awe. It hadn't even been 24 hours? How could he have handled that so quickly.

"Wow okay. Then yes please take me home." I sunk further into the seat, relieved.

"Is it okay if I stay over? I just want to make sure you're safe." Dabi asked in a soft, concerned tone.

A small smile came over me, "Yes. I would like that."

"Shigaraki won't bother you anymore okay?" Dabi stated as we walked into my apartment.

The door looked exactly as it did before.

I kicked my shoes off and dragged my feet further inside, missing the greeting of my fur children.

"I'm not so confident about that," I sighed, "But I don't want to think about any of that right now if that's okay?"

Dabi followed up behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders gently, placing a kiss on my neck, "Yeah of course. Let's get you relaxed. Can I check your back again?"

I nodded and walked into my bedroom and then into my bathroom, wanting to see them for myself. I pulled my top off over my head and turned around, looking over my shoulder.

I ran my fingers down my side, Dabi's trailing right behind mine. His eyes locked with mine in the mirror. It sent shivers down my spine.

"They're almost all gone. Yesterday it looked like an abstract painting." He said, placing a kiss to my lips, "How do you feel?"