FORTY SIX

A rush of vomit ran up my throat and splashed on the floor next to me, my hands on my knees.

It was loud. Ringing in my ears. Like it was trapped in my head and couldn't escape.

Shigaraki's laughter.

I didn't even bother looking up at him, too caught up on the body that was laying limp on the ground. She was pale. Her lips already lost color and eyes lacking life.

I did that.

His crackly fit of laughter continued.

"You're one of us now!" He exclaimed, pointing at me in excitement, "You will always be a criminal! You're just as fucked!"

His words made more bile rise up in my throat but i swallowed it back down.

Shigaraki was right. There was no coming back from what I had done.

I noticed a weird texture in my hand. Looking down I saw Zoe's necklace she showed me at the hospital had got caught in my fingers and snapped off when she fell.

I panicked and threw it on the ground.

"Aw, that was a gift. You could've treated it nicer." Shigaraki frowned.

Kurogiri leaned over the counter and looked at Zoe, "If you're done, we need to dispose of the body."

I still stood in a daze, trying to comprehend what just happened.

Tomura's eyes lit up and he smiled at me, "Zoe explained to me what your quirk was. At least what she had an idea of what it was." He leaned closer, "I bet you feel incredible right now. All that energy added to your body?"

"Shut the fuck up." I snapped.

"So I'm right." He grinned, "Wanna go have a race out in the alleyway? Winner gets an ice cream!"

A much as I hated it. He wasn't wrong. All her energy had been absorbed inside me and I was probably twice as athletic and agile as normally was. I had never taken this much before.

If I didn't need him, I could probably kill Shigaraki right here right now.

I felt Toga step closer to me, standing by my side. She still hadn't said anything since Zoe dropped. I wasn't sure if she was angry or scared or planning on hurting me. But she just stayed silent.

I looked at her and her face was a little unreadable, but she motioned towards Shigaraki. All my concerns about killing Zoe went out the window, she reminded me why I did it.

Furrowing my eyebrows I stated in a firm voice, "I did what you said, now you're going to save Dabi, right?"

Shigaraki stretched his arms back slowly, as if to take his time, "Welllll..."

"YOU FUCKING—"

It's like my heart was jolted from anger and I lunged forward at him, tired of his bullshit. But Toga grabbed my arm, holding me back.

"Tomura, that's not funny." She retorted, pulling me closer to try to calm me down.

Kurogiri had teleported Zoe's body to some other place in the mean time, but her necklace still laid on the floor.

'I know he loves me'

I remember her saying that so genuinely, twisting the pendant around her fingers. I couldn't imagine the last thoughts she had as she watched her boyfriend so easily auction her off.

Shigaraki rolled his eyes and looked at his nails, as if he were bored. Unfazed by what we were saying.

"We will save him tonight, ____." Kurogiri stated calmly, looking to me.

"Thank you." I practically gasped, all this pent up panicked energy releasing from my body.

"Yeah, yeah. Now get her out of here. I don't want ____ getting any ideas with her new stamina." Shigaraki waved his hand, shooing me out the door.

Toga pulled me away, not letting me say anything else and walked me to my car. We both stood in front and each other and just stared.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." I apologized, feeling guilty.

She shrugged, "I'm a villain. I see death all the time."

Toga suddenly wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly, "I'm sorry he made you do that."

Feeling my eyes start to water, I hugged her back. I was happy she wasn't scared of me. It made sense that she wasn't I guess.

She pulled back and grabbed my hands, "Go to a hotel and hide there. If there has been anyone who has seen you with Dabi, once we get him out, they'll check your apartment. Stay at the hotel. Don't leave."

"Do you really think you guys can get him out?" I questioned, not sure if I wanted to hear the answer.

"We are the League of Villains. Duh." She smiled, "I'll get him to you. Just be patient, okay?"

I nodded, "Thank you Toga."

"Things are about to get really messy. Get ready for that. See you soon, ____."