TWO

"Ugh, I'm soaked."

Almost the second I heard the front door close behind me, I stripped off my hospital scrubs. There's nothing I hate more than wet clothes clinging to my skin.

Using the wall as balance, I kicked off my pants towards my bedroom, knowing I was heading that way anyways.

"My babies!" I cooed, petting both my dog and cat briefly before running to my room.

Of course they were on my heels following me, excited their owner was home. I just wanted to get dressed first. After throwing on a pair of leggings and an old hoodie, I sat on the floor to properly greet them.

"Suki, my good girl." I scratched under my pitbulls chin.

"And you, Kenma? Were you nice to your sister?" I teased, looking down at the black kitty rubbing his head against my thigh, I ran my hand down his back, "Of course you were."

After a quick kiss on both of their heads, I stood up to make my way into my kitchen. I had to grab on to the dresser from standing up too quick, my legs still a little weak.

I need this rain to go away.

As much as I loved the sound and the coolness of the weather, it really affected my quirk. Which meant it affected my work. Everyone was pretty understanding at the hospital, but I'm hard on myself. I don't want to hold the team back.

Shaking away the spiral of thoughts, I walked into the kitchen to make myself some tea.

BOOM!

"Fuck!" I jumped, muttering to myself.

Suki began barking, also startled by the sound. The thunder was getting louder and the rain was coming down harder.

I walked over to her to try to calm her down, but she ignored me, on high alert. Her barking causing Kenma to get stressed out and hide under the coffee table.

"Suki it's oka—"

BOOM!

The thunder went off again. It almost felt like it shook my apartment. Suki's barking became even more consistent.

A car alarm began going off outside. All the sound was starting to overwhelm me.

The rain was coming down so hard it sounded like rocks were falling from the sky. Curious to see if it was hailing, I walked over to my window to look down at the street.

"No it's just loud." I said partially to myself, partially to my pets.

The car was still going off, I could see its lights flashing parked on the road. I couldn't be the only one who was hearing it, my eyes scanned around outside, looking to see if anyone was maybe heading that way.

"Oh my god, will someone please turn it —"

My gaze stopped.

I blinked hard, trying to make sure what I was seeing was really there. The rain droplets on my window making everything a little distorted.

Is that a person sitting out in the rain?

In a little alleyway in between our apartment buildings and an office building, a figure was slumped over against the wall.

Me being on the second floor, they were pretty far away, but I could tell they weren't moving.

I bit my nail, trying to assess the situation, "Are they hurt? Or maybe just homeless?"