27 - Trip to the happy times

Author's POV

The waves always come back to meet the shore. Always. That's what Avni believes.
She was the shore and waves were everything that made her into who she is now. Because there is something she didn't want; her past to consume her again.

Her life was once perfect but one person ruined it all, and that was not anyone but her father. Avni, Abhay and both parents used to love and live with happiness until his father chose a path that led to destruction.

The destruction that took away Avni's happiness from her. Her brother. And all that happened when Avni had Vivaan too. Her boyfriend. They were in a cute relationship. Eating ice cream after school were their routine. A routine Avni had gotten used to. Until a family dispute led Avni to push it all away.

"What have you been doing? What are you hiding Jay?" Krisha asked her husband.

"Nothing, I've been working. That's what I do to provide you and my children with everything." Jay groaned.

"Oh really? What work provides you with a car worth almost a crore? And that too in cash??" Krisha inquired.

"Are you being serious right now? Don't start again, Krish, please." Jay sighed.

"Look Jay, anything you are doing, I bet it isn't from something legal or hard work. So, stop it before it gets out of hand." Krisha warned, trying to manipulate him into positive.

"Nothing will go wrong and trust me, not even one of us is in danger." Jay placed his hand on her shoulders but Krisha wasn't in the mood for letting go.

"Danger?!! I swear if anything leads to harm to my children, I won't let it go. I'll not trust you, and neither forgive you." Krisha fumed before storming back into her room while Jay sighed, pondering over his work.

While even if parents are oblivious, children may always somehow listen and sometimes the words never leave their mind, engraving pieces of glass into their skin forever.

Avni toured the house; nothing fantasied her now. Being locked in between four walls does that to you. Weeks passed by and she missed going to work. Being an actress, was something she yearned for forever. Besides a yearn of a loved one never left her mind.

"Avi let's play Jenga!!" He yelled, rushing towards Avni's study table.

Avni smiled endearingly at the six-year-old "I have exams baby. I am sorry."

"No, please, the last time you played was two days ago." He pouted, eyes glistening.

"Come on, don't cry. Come here," Avni patted on her lap. Abhay shifted in the seat scanning her older sister's history textbook; although he wasn't old enough to understand it.

A few moments passed before Abhay got tired of hearing his sister's revising words which seemed nonsensical to him. He wiggled out of her lap and gestured her to lower her face. He kissed her cheek before rushing back to playing with his remote-controlled car. Avni smiled before revising the last chapter. Later, a text appeared on her screen, building excitement in her.

Viv : Avni, did you revise everything?
Because I did! Let me remind you about the school trip :) promise me you'll click pictures with me :( We just have a few good shots together. I wanna frame us and place it on my bed table. ❣

You : Um, no way until I'm getting an ice cream treat from you. Frame? Omg...we've been dating for one and a half year. Stop being childish Viv :-P

Viv : yeah, yet what we have? A few blurry selfies?? Do you want me to frame a picture that doesn't even vividly show that it's us? Hmph.

You : Sureee! Whatever.