04 - Someone special

Neil's POV

I checked through the cases thoroughly. Personal invasions weren't something that could meddle in this field. No matter what, we have to serve ourselves and I liked it that way. Years ago, I took an oath to never betray people's trust and serve myself with dignity and maintain my morality. And in any way, I would continue to do the same.

I called DD as I prepared myself to look over it again. I started reading but my inner self was not okay with her being not here at all. Alive. She should have been but she is not.

My vision seemed to blur, I couldn't believe that all it took was one moment to take her away from us, from life.

I got reminisced of our college days, the days filled with crazy banters and meaningless giggles.

"Neil...give it back." Aditi struggled, glaring at me to give her the piece of papers back.

"No! Say sorry first" I smirked, crossing my hands.

"Excuse Me! Can I know why?" She retorted.

"You ate the last slice of my pizza." I clicked my tongue, frowning.

"Hahahaha No!" Aditi smiled at one moment, then it faded into a stern face.

"Then, forget me giving this back." I teased her.

"Okay sorry!" Aditi rolled her eyes.

"More nicely."

She shoots daggers at me, leading me to hand over her diary back to her.

"What's that special in it?" I inquired.

"It has someone special for me."

"Who?" I asked, curiosity getting to me.

"Someone." She winked, playfully to frustrate me more.

I never knew that the person that was engraved in those pages would be so oblivious to everything.

The day you told me his name, I remember laughing, thinking this was a prank you were playing on me. I remember when you cried because I took your feelings as a joke. I never thought that it would lead to this one day.

You Mom knew and she told my family. They thought about our marriage because they were so sure of us, we were always together.

Maybe I liked you too but I guess that wasn't like anything between lovers but best friends. I was so unsure about my feelings and us marrying but I didn't deny. I hate myself for not telling you the truth about how I felt, somehow I thought you knew but that just wasn't the case I guess.

I will miss you, Aditi. I will cherish our friendship forever. The moments spent with you will forever be there treasured in my heart.

"Sir, tomorrow is the last hearing in court. He is going to get punished." DD reminded me, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I nodded.

"DD, that day who called the ambulance? From what I know, that was a very deserted road." I asked, curious.

"Sir, when we checked the surveillance cameras, we got an image of some lady who probably called the ambulance. The nurse then called you and I received a call in the police station reporting an accident."

I just wanted to thank anyone who helped. Even though it still doesn't make a difference because she is gone.

"Sir, I may know what you're thinking but it doesn't seem to matter now as anything. If you have any personal questions as per family, you could proceed on them, I guess." He says, and I nod at him. "Also, I don't want you to be indulged in it more...I don't like seeing you...um cry." He carries a pained smile.

"It's fine DD, thank you for your concern." I smiled. "Just get me the information of the lady that helped. I will thank her personally." I added.

|××××××|

A/N :

Sucks to read such a short chapter😔