34 - more closer

Y'all aren't ready
for this chapter☺️

——————————————

Author's POV

The pinks and purples were fading into utmost dark blues, the moon inviting itself to cover up the sky's heavenly hues. Birds were migrating home, lights were turned on. The little bulb in the balcony shone as someone sat with their thoughts alone.

Staring at the sky was Avni's usual routine these days. Although her thoughts that meddled with her mind were uncanny, somewhat unusual.

She wanted to hide, everyone knew— well, not everyone, but farmost personalities knew where she lived. They had a rough idea on the area but it didn't concern her as much as a certain someone did.

Anyone would've been okay but not him, she didn't want him to know anything about her or her family.

The door bell rang, alerting, and giving a cue for Avni to gradually rise from the wooden chair she found herself comfortable in. Maybe it was past half an hour since she decided to take a breath of fresh air and enjoy a little alone time. However, it didn't last long.

She tucked the few strands of hair that kept messing with her view behind the ears, casually walking towards the door. She twisted the knob open only to reveal a person that kept inviting himself these days.

She let the person enter and closed the door before turning around and heading towards the couch in the living room.

"I don't like you constantly disturbing my alone time." She said, taking a seat across him.

"Come on, you don't hate me that much. I know."

Avni passed a crooked smile, liking how naturally they conversed. "At least you are aware that I hate you a little, Lovely."

"Sure, Miss." Lovely nodded, chuckling and ruffling through his bag as he searched for his I-pad. "Well, there's a reason I am here for," He looked at Avni with excitement rushing through his veins and eyes simply disappearing as he smiled full, scanning through the device.

Lovely went through his I-pad, swiping and opening an email, and passed it for Avni to look. Brows furrowed, she took it and waited for him to continue. "This is an official email from Adidas. They are suggesting for you to be a brand ambassador for them."

Avni's eyes gleamed, shock surfaced her features as the sudden information thrown at her made her overwhelmed. "This is... amazing," Words were at loss, for her mind was bubbled up in a frenzy.

"I know." He smiled, expecting the same. "I just need your confirmation for this. I'll get back to them and soon they'll send details with the contract."

Avni nodded, thinking over it. Sure, she was a brand ambassador for a few products but well – this was new and certainly huge. This – welcomed for a lot more opportunities in future, not that she was ungrateful with what she had, considering this itself was a great deal.

"This is something extravagant. It's hard to wrap up my mind over it but I... I can't take it. I-I have to refuse."

To say Lovely was shocked would be an understatement, this was once a lifetime opportunity because if Avni denied, he was sure the articles won't shut up if the word was leaked, which not seemed to be impossible. Lips agape, he asked, "But Ma'am, this–"

"Listen to what I have to say..." Avni said, gaze still on him, it gave a message that she wasn't too happy with that information either.

"The doctor came by today for a checkup. He said my arm is currently doing fine since I didn't strain it much. But you do remember that I have to have this cast for 12 weeks? Only a few weeks have passed by, I still have two more months for it to be gone. Then, I have to start rehab." She paused for a breath. "It'll be for a month or maybe longer. That is dependent on how much my arm recovers."