08 - Vacation in Goa

Avni's POV

I hurried my pace as I slept more than usual today. It was 8 now and I had to reach the airport before 8:45. He will be waiting for me. I struggled to find my car keys, but I remembered I gave my car for dent repair.

Shit.

Now, I had to go with the only option left, a cab.

I grabbed my phone and booked an uber.

I quickly got out of the uber as I reached the airport. I sighed when I glanced towards my watch.

It was 9. I took a deep breath as I walked in.

Glancing here and there, I was waiting to find him but he was out of sight. It was unusually calm, leaving enough room for someone to not recognize me. I disguised myself well, I hope.

My phone rang.

"Turn around." I did.

"Slightly to the left. At the farthest corner." I heard him say before he hung up.

I put my phone back as I saw him smiling and waving towards me. He walked towards me, and I reached to hug him.

"I missed you so much." He says flashing a smile.

"Same. Slightly less, but yes I did." I chuckled.

"You didn't tell Piya right?" He asks cautiously.

I shook my head.

"I know I can trust you with that." He says proudly.

"Let's go." He smiled.

++

We were here. Now on a vacation in Goa, as I promised to Piya. I didn't tell her the truth behind why I agreed in the first place.

"Are you ready?" Piya asks, all excited.

"Yes but I am not feeling well. I have a headache. You go first, I will be there at some time." I let the lie slip through.

"Are you sure?" Piya asks, concerned.

"Of course." I give her a sly smile.

As she left I quickly messaged him.

You
She is coming there. Go on.

Noodles
Thanks :)

As I glanced over the time, Ali should've probably met Piya by now. It was now time for me to go there and meet them.

"Avniiii!" Piya rushes towards me and pulls me into a hug.

"You both did all this!" She exclaims happily and I nod.

"Thank you, baby." She releases the hug and gives me a quick peck on the cheeks.

"So much for these love birds." I rolled my eyes, partly grinning. Ali smiles at me, thanking me.

Anything for your happiness.

We sat at a table in the corner of the cafe.

"Cappuccino," I ordered and earn stares from both.

What?

They both ordered fries with a cold drink. "...and choco chip cookies too," I muttered before the waiter left.

I saw them both talking and Piya babbling to him about how weird I acted just before now.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"I don't like third wheeling you guys." I snap and they both look towards me giggling.

"Then find someone," Piya says quirking a brow and Ali notices my pissed off state.

"You know, I didn't mean it that way," I reply. Ali just kept quiet, nudging an elbow at her and she mouthed sorry at him.

I tried to be composed as I stirred the coffee in circular motions ignoring the words Piya said earlier. I know she said it unintentionally, but she knew I didn't like that, at least not for myself.

I sighed brushing it off and smiled at Ali as he talked about his work in America. It was going smooth and he was happy about it. Piya will be shifting to America soon until Ali's work here is done.

I gulped at the fact that my close ones weren't going to be here with me but in America. At least Piya was here, but now she was leaving. She was hesitant but I managed to make her agree, she would be happy there more. Anyways, as always I will be busy with shoots after a few months again, so that won't be a problem.

I told both of them that I will be enjoying myself at the beach, and they can spend quality time themselves. They waved goodbye at me and I headed towards the beach.

Hiding the fact that Ali was in Mumbai for more than a week from Piya was tough and challenging. He wanted to surprise her and I didn't want to ruin it.

I was clouded with my thoughts, a smile crept on my face and I walked near the beach. I turn around playfully only to bump into someone.

"Sorry," I utter in response.

I rub my left arm slightly easing the pain that caused due to...

"Hey!" He smiles as I look up at him. I was shocked to see him and run into him here.

In Goa.

I stare at him, my mouth gaped, not quite expecting to see that police officer again.

Neil?

|××××××|

Yee-haw, so it was Ali! 🤡

Okay, but Neil? Again?

Lmao, I love cliffhangers! 😈