12 - Had a feeling

Avni's POV

"Ma'am shall we?" Lovely asked as I came down the stairs.

I nodded and followed him to the car.

"Ma'am! I have scheduled an ad shoot for today and after that, there is nothing on the schedule. Tomorrow is a busy day for you as we have two ad shoots and a meeting with KP Productions. If anything else comes up, I will tell you right away." Lovely explains while adjusting his glasses and glancing at the tablet.

I hum listening to music. A smile spreads across my face as my favourite track comes up on the radio.

We halt at the shoot location and I wave to Mr Singhania.

"Hey, Avni! Good gracious, you are ageing backwards or what?!" He says grinning and I smile back at his compliment.

"Thanks for taking time from your busy schedule for this ad huh!"

"Mr Singhania, you know it's not a big deal, stop saying that." I chuckle lightly.

"Okay, guys!! She is here, make the arrangements quick!" He yells into space.

"Avni! This is the script, you have half an hour. Go and get ready." He glances towards me and hands me the script.

Sitting in the changing room, I can't help but think about this film. I am nervous, super nervous. I have promotions coming up this weekend and it is gonna release the next week. I hear whispers which break my trance back to here.

"Ma'am please take a seat here. We will quickly do your hair and makeup." One of them says and I follow.

The ad shoot was tiring but a worth it one. It was an exhausting day.

We reach home and Lovely gives an apologetic expression as he gets out of his car with his phone glued to his ear.

"What?" I ask.

"Um, ma'am I think that person who called yesterday is waiting to meet you..."

I pause for a second and mutter, "What?"

"Yeah, he left me a message. He will be here in no time I guess."

"Lovely!!" I glare at him and he keeps his head hung low.

"Listen Lovely, I appointed you because you needed this job, this is not something to be taken lightly for. You can't just apologize every time expecting me to let it slide. It's your responsibility to keep a check on my schedules and manage them. You should've taken a look into that matter." I say and he nods understanding.

"Now, tell me what am I supposed to do? Should I meet him or should I call the police? Should I do a background check on him? Or wait..is that even my business to do right now." I say, frustrated.

"Sorry ma'am, it's my fault. I won't let him meet you until I make sure of his identity. Also, I will take care of things better leading to your security. I deeply appreciate you for putting up with me until this time, it won't happen again."

"Okay. I am going to my room. Call me if anything." I say and head to my room.

🎬🎬🎬

Neil's POV

I stand in front of the tall, exquisite apartment feeling extremely tensed as I wish this would've never happened. I don't want that man to mess with her. Although I am not sure if she is his target or not. Just to be prepared beforehand, I am here. However tonight it'll be confirmed whether he has intentions of hurting her or not.

I take a deep breath as I enter, a guard notices my presence and makes his way towards me.

"Call Mr Lovely Singh for me," I tell him and he quirks a brow.

"Sorry Sir, we can't let you in." He says sternly.

"I never said, I am going in. Just call him and tell him someone is here." He scrunched his brows but calls anyway.

I wait impatiently at the main gate. As soon as I see him approaching, I smile.

"Did you make an appointment for me?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"Sorry Sir but as I said, you can't possibly get one unless we know your identity. It's for safety reasons." He says softly.

"Glad, you are taking that into consideration."

"Well, anyway..." I show him my card and he glances back at the card and then again at me.

"Yes, now you know who I am...so please let me in."

"I deeply apologize for causing trouble, Sir. Is it something serious? I don't see why a police officer could have something to talk with Avni Ma'am, but if you insist I will call her." He says.

"If it is serious, you will know. And you don't have to worry about what I have to talk with her unless it is work-related." I say and he nods taking out his phone and dialling a number.

He comes with a firm smile towards me, "She will be here in five minutes. Please accompany me to the living room." He gestures to me and I follow.

Few minutes pass after I enter the familiar living room, the one where I first talked with her.

She walks down the hallway and notices me, her face carrying a not so surprised expression and a sly smile.

"I had a feeling it would be you, Neil."

|××××××|

I had a slight fever so the update got postponed but I feel better now :)