17 - My girlfriend

Avni's POV

It was deliberate of me to go against his words. But I was helpless. This was needed, for my film as well as for the contract. I couldn't just dodge it because he said so.

The security here was tight, which means no one unauthorised could enter. The police and guards were spread in every corner but I couldn't see him in sight.

"Ms Avni Raichand!"

I glanced to the side as I heard that familiar voice.

"Avi! Oh my god, long time no see."

He smiled eyeing me with his signature half-smirk, hands in pockets.

He approached me before hugging me. "Well, you know me. I don't like to stay in one place." He winked making me chuckle.

"And still, you come back around." I rolled my eyes.

"I am waiting for your film to be released. Sorry for not attending the promotions."

"It's not a big deal."

"Meet Kia, my girlfriend I told you about last time." I gazed up at the girl that walked towards us.

"Yeah, that was 4 years ago." I scoffed, before approaching her with a smile.

"Hey Kia, he told me a lot about you."

"Oh. I see. I only see him praising your work." She let out a soft laugh.

"Don't lie, just tell her you are her fan," Avi smirked at Kia, and she glared before passing a nervous smile.

"I am following your work since the start."

"Oh, thank you I am glad about that."

"Get a boyfriend already. I am tired of seeing you attending this event alone every year." Avi scrunched his brows playfully.

"No I won't, and besides this is my second time here."

"Yeah, whatever. I missed you a lot. Can't forget the memories we made." He smiled, showing his bright smile.

"For sure, I remember you being afraid of the mountains." I chuckled, and Kia joined me.

"Come on, why do you always bring that up." He groaned, making a pout face.

"I look forward to working with you again. It was fun. I miss the crew too. It was our first project, and it was worth it."

"Touché. It brought us where we are and I am glad." I smiled back at him.

"You know, when it comes to choosing projects, I could trust you blindly." He pressed his lips into a smile.

"I know!" I exclaimed proudly earning a chuckle from both of them.

"Avi, I knew they don't let just anyone here. And Kia is not a famous personality, how did it happen?" I ask, concerned about the security.

He raised his eyebrow in confusion, before speaking softly. "I got an invitation a month ago regarding this event. I was way too excited and they inquired about certain things like my whereabouts and details of my travelling destinations. Well, as we know generally people come in groups, so they asked if I had a companion to bring. Everyone knows I am off the market now." He smirked, and Kia rolled her eyes. He continued, "So, I told Yes and obviously, everything related to her was inquired too. I don't see any problem there."

"Why are you asking?"

"No, just someone told me this isn't that protected with security." I shrugged