11 - Code Red

Neil's POV

It's been two weeks since that Goa incident, and I can't help but think about her. I have to make sure she's safe because I can't ignore the call I received last night.

"Hello?"

"Hello! Code Red."

"What about?"

"His next target is an actress. He is involved with some political party leader and many more people are involved."

"Who?"

"I don't know the name, but her film promotion is coming up and they are planning something."

"Okay. Inform if you get any information. And yes, don't get caught. Be careful."

"Sure Sir."

And then the phone hung up.

"Sir!! This is the information you wanted about Avni Raichand." DD's voice broke my trance of thoughts from last night.

"Oh, thanks DD."

"Sir is this related to the case of Mr–"

"Yes, it's related to that man only. We surely have to catch him red-handed and we need proofs." I inform him.

"Yes Sir."

"Sir, Avni Raichand's upcoming film promotion is next weekend. So probably, she is the one they're talking about."

"I hope it isn't true. But I have to go through it myself. I have met her a few times so maybe I can get a hold of what will happen or not."

"Okay, Sir."

As DD went away, I opened the file DD handed me.

Strange how anything about her background isn't mentioned. She moved to Mumbai a few years ago and rose to fame with her first film which was based on sci-fi. It was her 5th film promotion so people are keen to watch her on-screen after almost a year.

I couldn't find any information related to her being involved with political leaders or anything that can make her the target of this man. But again, who knows what he is hiding from everyone. He is too cautious with what he does and I know he isn't gonna leave anything to suspect for us.

I have to meet her personally.

I took out my phone and dialled a number.

"Hello! Lovely Singh speaking..." A man voice's ringed in my ear.

"Hello! Can I personally talk with Avni Raichand?" I asked politely.

"Who's this?"

"I am an old friend of hers. Now, can I?" I tried to be as casual as possible.

"Sorry Sir, but we can't possibly at the moment. If it is urgent, you can directly call her or else you can tell me, I would pass your message to her."

Shit.

I closed my eyes shut in frustration but calmed myself.

"I would have if I had her number."

"We can't provide her number unless we know your identity."

"Okay then. Could I have an appointment if possible?"

"I will tell you after checking the schedule. Thank you."

I hummed in response and he hung up.