32 - Run away

Author’s POV

The dark, settling clouds walked through as a brush of a light breeze blew onto the unofficial couple, leading a smile of bliss onto Avni's face.

It was past midnight, the city's rush lessened but it was still awake. This city never sleeps, bubbling up dreams and visions in dreamers, creating a sense of finding one's true self.

Avni let out a quiet laugh, "Shouldn't we go home?"

It was soothing to sit in silence and talking without gestures, without convos being forced onto the other. They had been chatting for quite a while before they eventually stopped to admire the sea cradled by the moonlight and casting a glowing light that felt like an aisle to the other side.

"If you want to, we can."

Avni pondered and looked over the place only to find fewer people there, reminding her of how late it was.

"I think we should go. What if the police came?" She glanced at him with doe eyes, curious.

Neil sat amused, clearly trying to suppress a smile as he stared at her. Avni frowned at this, lips protruded before realisation took over her.

"FORGET. I DIDN'T SAY THAT."

She blurted, tearing away her gaze from him to the sea, hiding her cheeks that crimsoned from embarrassment.

Neil snickered, shaking his head. He sometimes wondered what was going on in her mind. He liked her so much, he wanted to be with her so much but there was no rush. He had time. He hoped, he had time.

She smacked him when she saw he was still laughing quietly. She put her palm on his lips, stopping him. When he didn't, she whined, groaning.

Why did I say that? To him?

"Neil, please."

"What is your IQ?" He asked, feigning a serious expression but his eyes were teasing.

She glared at him, huffing. She tried to get up only to be pulled back by the arm. She tried to grip out of his pull, but he held her arm firmly tight.

"Where do you think you're going, huh?" His voice came out low and raspy although he was intending to be playful.

"Home."

"Oh, so you're running away with my car?"

"Isn't that a good idea?" Avni raised a brow, smirking.

He neared her, eyes glued to her face and whispered lowly in her ears. "For your information, Miss Raichand, I practically excel at catching thieves. It won't be long before I catch you. Adding to the fact that I don't let go too easily."

Avni blinked, gulping. His words weren't threatening but intimidating, leaving a rush down her spine and her breathing slower.

When she turned to face him, he was already looking at her with a glint of humour in his eyes, albeit the fact that they were too close to each other, just a few moments away before anything could happen.

"What if I..." Avni leaned closer to speak in his ears and Neil's face flushed causing his grip to loosen on her arm, almost letting it go.