39 - Like a movie romance

Author's POV

Shortly after he left, Avni tried to busy herself with something else instead of the storm that whirled in her mind, trapping her.

It was not a big deal; his dream. It was mere, it didn't matter because simply, it will never be a part of her destiny. She knew it, the world played her numerous times to let her believe such bullshit again. And Avni, she wasn't going to back off from her ways.

Arranging the stuff in the bedroom and going back to sleep was the best thing to do instead of the constant push and pull of assumptions her mind seemed to play with her, and she didn't want to get played yet.

Neil returned a few minutes later, a solemn expression painted on his face, a mere slip around the edges of duty and devotion.

He glanced at her once, eyes still glued to his mobile screen, "Hey! Going to sleep?" Avni nodded firmly, eyes capturing his uncertain ones. "Goodnight then!"

But before he could step out, Avni curled her fingers around his wrist, gripping tightly, the force making him stumble back. His eyes slightly widened before amusement glistened in them. "What was that for?"

Avni shrugged like it was nothing strange, extraordinary. It was basic and the gesture didn't hold any meaning. "Should I have a reason?"

He eyed her skeptically, somewhere along the lines something flashed in those brown eyes of his, "Miss Raichand, you must have one." He walked closer, brows drawn together. "If you seem to have none...then I am afraid it could mean no business but something else."

Avni stilled, perfectly capable of understanding what he meant and she wasn't sure if a part of her wanted to mean something else too. She stood stunned by the newly discovered side of him that never really had itself known until...now.

A strange feeling fluttered in her chest, making her lose the sense of all rights and wrongs, and in that moment nothing else mattered. No cameras, no duties and no holding back.

So she reached over, tiptoeing and kissed him.

It was more of a peck but the way Neil's eyes jumped, flabbergasted by the grand reciprocal of the want that danced in him, he was taken aback.

When their eyes met again, the surreal feeling burst in his chest, making it hard to breathe.

It wasn't rare, there were moments where he seemed to forget to breathe, his eyes admiring the beauty she was, the enchanting smile of hers screamed for his attention and he never failed to notice.

However, this was entirely different. Caught in a maze where there were different ends, one to enter and one to exit, he was still engulfed with the bliss of being in one. He wanted to find the different paths to discover the maze she was, never wanting to get out and that was enough on its own.

Anything was enough when it was with her.

Avni could feel the tension thicken, her palm slowly releasing the grip it had on his wrist. He watched her, eyes flitting to her lips that looked kissable even in this hour. Before she had the time to grasp over the situation, he closed the distance, their faces inches away resonating the deeper feeling their conscience screamed.