02 - Lined with kohl

Author's POV

Neil woke up late in the morning tired and sleepy, due to his engagement that happened yesterday. He sighed, looking at a few messages that surfaced his screen.

He looked past that and got up but his phone rang, catching his attention.

"Hello?" Neil voices.

"Sir, will you be here today?" DD, the inspector asks.

"Yeah, I slept till late but I will soon. Anything?" Neil rubs his head, sighing.

"Sir, we've got a new case. As per orders, we have to sort out this matter soon. So I need your lookout on this case and would want to discuss a bit more on this."

"Okay DD, I'll be there in half an hour."

"Sure Sir."

Hanging up the phone, Neil went to freshen up and taking a quick bath, getting ready before he walked in the hallway.

"Hey, you are awake? Come, have breakfast." Shweta says as she places breakfast on the table.

"No mom, I'll have it later. I need to rush." Neil says, grabbing the car keys from the side.

"But–"

"Let him go," Bebe mumbles softly to Shweta.

"If possible, come home early."

"I'll try Bebe. Bye." Neil gives both a quick hug before scurrying out towards his car.

"He must be running late that's why he isn't in his uniform." Shweta mumbles, wondering.

"I thought the same." Bebe agrees, glancing as Neil's car that pulls out from the frontier of their house.

Neil drove towards the Police Station, thinking about the cases that were to be handled. As he is midway on the way, a car approaches his with speed, making his eyes widen in realisation. He applies brakes immediately but the car nearly bumps into his. He looks up to see his surroundings, glads neither were in danger, and he was safeguarded by the seatbelt.

He harshly closes the car door shut, rushing towards the other car and knocking on its window.

The driver rushes out, bowing to apologise to Neil, "Sorry Sir."

"Please let it go." He says, trying to settle the matter, bowing slightly.

"Let it go? Do you have any idea how fast you were driving?" Neil scoffs.

Tired of the nuisance, a lady steps out from the car.

Her hair is falling at the sides while a yellow off-shoulder dress hugs her demeanour. Her eyes lined with kohl, earrings dangling from motion, and a thin neckpiece and a nosering adorned more to her ravishing figure and her beautiful features.

She lifts her shades upward, glancing at Neil after. "Hey!" She tilts her head a little. "Just let it go. I told him to drive fast. If you need money for that dent repair–"

"Keep your money to yourself, okay! It's just not safe to drive like this." Neil replies trying to be calm.

"Hey Mister, do you think we don't know the rules?" She snaps.

"If you know then follow it!" Neil says raising his brows, frustrated.

"Avni, we are running late. Let's go." Someone voices from inside the car.

After taking a glance at her wristwatch, Avni sighed, "Hey Mister, whatever your name is. I am already getting late...I don't have enough time to listen to you."

She turns around, immediately settling in the car and ordering the driver to drive.

Neil gapes in disbelief, shooting daggers at the car that drove off before his eyes, not even caring about what he had to say.

His ride towards the police station is not so good as he drives, pissed at the encounter with a certain someone from before.

"How rude of her to talk to me like that!" Neil thought as he clicked the inside of his cheek.

|××××××|

A/N:

Chapters will be long as the story processes! 🐨

Mhm, the protagonists met🧚