15 - Stuck in a loophole

Avni's POV

The lights were shining brightly and the clicks by the camera were heard. It was like deja vu. I have been to promotions like these a few times but every time I have the same feeling of euphoria running through me.

The press was here and famous actors and entities were invited for the film promotion. This movie was different from others. It was a deeply dense and strong character movie. I had high expectations, and it was equally backbreaking.

It's been a few days since the day I last saw him. The police station was the last encounter we had and he never invaded in my life since. For me, it was peaceful to the least say. The chaos in my life wasn't less for me to care about it.

But I sometimes wonder if he gave up? Sure, he did. I know the system too well. Neither they were of any help when that incident happened and nor they will be now. It still sometimes makes me furious to the day. How we begged in front of them and because of their negligence something happened. Something that changed my life, once and for all.

"Are you ready?" The director's hoarse voice broke my trance.

"Yeah, as ready as ready can be," I stated happily.

"I see. You look beautiful." He added smiling.

That's what I loved about my look today. It was simple yet attractive. I had dark blue checkered trousers and a jacket with a black blouse within.

It was now time for the interview. My co-actors, directors and producers were all seated and the media took pictures of us together.

"Avni, how it's like to work again after a long break? It's been more than one and a half year that your fans didn't see you onscreen. How are you feeling?" A media reporter voiced referring to me.

"Well, as you said it's been a long time since I have been seen onscreen. I am focusing on working and something that people like. I like a strong content-based script and this film is surely one I was looking forward to. Talking about how I feel, it's as always exciting but this time the role was more thriller than my previous ones. I am looking forward to the feedback and reviews after it is released." I voiced out, smiling.

"Sir, would you like to tell us where the story revolves around?" Another question was asked to our director.

"I won't go much into detail. It's something extraordinary. It's thrilling and exciting when we talk about Artificial Intelligence. Sure it has its advantages, but this shows the cons too. Taking that into consideration, this just isn't about that. There is a team of spies that works on the betterment of it but as soon as they discover something they shouldn't, they get stuck in a loophole." Our director explained briefly.

"You won't wonder why it was named The loophole after watching the movie." He chuckled resulting in a few laughs from the media too.

Another series of questions came up and we answered them firmly. One question that was asked to me in every interview was if I am dating someone. I am not but even if I was, I won't make it public for people to gossip or make any comments. Our lives are so much accessible to people that they know every certain thing we do. It's best to not let social media get onto you. So, I choose to have privacy with my personal affairs.

After the tiring event, I didn't have anything much on my schedule. It was just like waiting for my film to release in the theatres. Though I had a few interviews once in a while besides that, I was free. At least until my next project.

"Ma'am, shall I bring you something?" The cook asked me in a low voice.

"Sure. I would like some green tea. Don't make dinner for me today, you guys make sure to eat well and rest a little bit as I am not busy as much as before for a few days."

She nodded grinning before leaving my room.

I was currently focused on my phone. I clicked a close-up selfie to post on Instagram with the caption 'Excited too much! So dozing off. Good night.' It was bare-faced with my hair falling to the sides as I did a peace sign. I replied to a few messages from my friends and Ali. He was one of the most caring people and he was as cool and stylish one could be. His international art gallery was one of the most famous ones there. He and Piya met me a few years back. They were best friends who shared chaotic habits and soon they became someone who shared the same feelings. It was a cherry on the cake for Mom. She was so happy. Maybe much more than me.

I sipped my green tea as I listened to the slow music echoing in my room. My phone buzzed making me groan as the music slowed down for a moment. I opened it to see a message from an unknown number.

Unknown
Hey! This is Neil.

You
Okay, so how you even got my number?

Unknown
Really sorry but I asked your assistant.

You
Fine.

Unknown
Well, are you free anytime?

You
I guess not.

Unknown
Sure thing. I know you are busy with work but if you could arrange a little bit of time for me, it would be great.

You
Why?

Unknown
There's something I need to tell you.

You
I'll tell you if I can.

Unknown
Do it quick. You have four days.

You
Woah. Sure, Mr ACP.

He didn't reply after. He dared to leave me on read. Asking for my time and then demanding to make it soon.

He is full of pride.

Also, I need to put some sense in Lovely. He can't do two things right. I wonder if I even want to meet him. Is he up to something? I hope not. If I'm going to meet him, I have to make sure to do that without any media coverage. I took a risk going to the police station last time. Negative publicity won't do any good.

|××××××|

thankyou for 20k on 'Destined' ♡

Sorry for the late update, I was going through writer's block hehe( ˘ ³˘)

made the loophole poster myself🥴💀💅