23 - Not a fan

Avni's POV

I saw him near me, footsteps slow, eyes looking into mine. My arm was secured with a cast, showing I had trouble using it. The surgery went fine, it's been a month. Neil wouldn't stop visiting me, not that I stopped him ever.

I didn't want to get worked up and say things I shouldn't have. Work is on hold till I get okay but, he visits me occasionally.

There was a glee in his eyes that made my nervousness levels go up quick. He closed the door behind him, making his way towards my bed. He sat beside me, glancing my way, eyes filled with care.

"So, Miss, did you eat your dinner?" He asked amusingly.

I nodded, "Yes. Even if you don't ask, I will eat."

"Sure, because you like to eat." He teased, "Look at you all chubby," he pinched my cheeks.

"DON'T."

"Okay, miss Hitler."

I glared at him, eyes darting on his. By the look, I could sense he was about to laugh, but he caught me off guard. His face was close, barely inches away. His gaze fell on my eyes then my lips. I gulped sensing the urgency, I leaned in close until we were almost touching.

A clattering sound emerged, causing me to jerk up, panting heavily. I looked up to see a nurse, picking up the dish from the floor and a frown on her face.

"Hey, what happened?" Neil was standing beside me, concerned.

"What did you do?" I fumed.

"Relax, I just signed the papers for your surgery." He said softly. "By the time, I came to tell you, you were already asleep or I could say dreaming." He chuckled lightly.

What is wrong with me?

"What were you dreaming?" He questioned.

"I-" I was unable to answer. Never have I ever had such a dream, plus him being suddenly here wasn't helping.

"Leave me alone."

"Huh?"

"I said leave me alone, Mr Khanna." I glanced back at him.

His face scrunched up, "I wasn't here to drop some pity on you, Miss. Raichand. I am doing my job, I don't have any other business but investigating this case. You do you." He gave me one final glance and walked away.

Right, do your job and just go.

"Miss. Raichand, we will start the surgery tomorrow at 9. Till then, rest well and don't put pressure on your left arm. We'll have someone looking after you, so if you need anything, tell us. The nurse informed me before walking away.

I took deep breaths to calm myself. I was so pissed, not at him but myself for even dreaming of something like that.

After a while, I saw Piya entering the hospital room.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

"Perfectly fine. You see I can play cricket too."

Piya fake glared, "Come on, this is not a time to be sarcastic."

"Who started?" I pout, "You said you were busy."

"Well I was, I rushed up here to sign the papers and I agreed to overtime so I could attend you here." She rolled her eyes.

"Uh, about that–" I nervously smiled, "Neil signed the papers for me and I have a surgery scheduled tomorrow."

"Neil?" She asked, confused.