07 - Not in my arms

Author's POV

Avni stood there in a trance, in front of him with glistening eyes, blinking her tears away.

"Please listen once." He said pleading.

"No, I've had enough. I can't anymore." Avni takes a few steps away.

"We have to part ways, we aren't for each other." Avni grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes.

He was heartbroken, not having enough courage to listen to what she has to say further.

"We are like those stars, they share the same sky but are always away from each other."

A tear escaped his eye as he heard her say. No matter how much he denied it, it was the truth. They can't go back to what they were. It was all different now.

His eyes turned red as Avni walked away from him, "You will always be that special someone to me." Avni mumbled softly before she disappeared from his sight without sparing him a glance.

He burst out in tears as he sat down, knees close to his chest as he cried out.

Everything was messed up for them, but individually it was all settled. They had parted separate ways and were never coming back to each other.

"I will miss you love and you will be always there, protected and loved. Not in my arms, but at least in my heart."

This was all he could utter in those moments. There will always be a void in his heart, never recovering.

"CUT!!" The director exclaimed, clapping in excitement.

A figure behind him came into light, smiling brightly. "Avni, my dear..." He hugged her tightly, "You did a great job."

He patted her before releasing her from his arms.

Avni gleamed, "Thank you, Sir."

Avni walked past him and he shot her a smile.

"I will miss you, love." He said repeating the lines before he chuckled lightly.

Avni laughed. "Aw, too bad. I won't be seeing you soon anyways." She quirked an eyebrow at him and her lips pressed into a smile.

"Finally, the shoot is over. Thanks to you young lady, we packed up real soon." He remarked.

Avni smirked at him before pulling him into a hug.

"Our director always listens to you, you're his favourite." Another man speaks as he approached them.

Avni grinned at his words. "Okay, now I gotta go. I have to talk to Sir."

Avni went into the director's room quickly, carefully not to trip because of the long gown she was wearing.

She talked with him, the last few words until next time.

"Now go enjoy with your best friend." The Director smiled.

"I won't be disturbing your time until promotions." He yelled earning a laugh from Avni as she waved at him.

🎬🎬🎬

"Hey! Get ready for that promise to be fulfilled." Avni announced through the phone.

"Omg, thank you, baby. I love you so much. You know how-"

"Yeah, how much you miss him and all. Okay Piya, now I don't wanna know further. Apart from that, I miss him too. " Avni sighed.

"I will call you later. Somebody's at the door." Piya hung up the phone saying goodbye.

"I won't tell her now," Avni mumbled to herself as she headed to the kitchen, a smug smile across her face.

"Hello Pizza Delivery?" Avni asks almost cheering.

Munching on her pizza and watching her favourite show laying lazily on the couch was all she missed these last few months.

"Finally, I can eat pizza and I can sleep how much I want." Avni sighed as she looked at the empty pizza box in front of her. She glanced at her stomach, it was all gone now.

She knew how partly true it was. Resting wasn't in her schedules. Workout and no junk food again after a few days.

Her face dropped but the thought of her few film excited her.

"It never goes in vain if you are doing what you want to do." She assured herself grinning.

Her phone beeped. She thought to ignore it, but the notifications popped up, not sparing silence.

Frustrated, she checked the time on the screen. 12.47.

Unknown
Hey!
Avni, sorry to bother you this late.
Can you pick me up tomorrow?

She stared at the screen in disbelief.

"What the hell?" She let out a sigh.

Unknown
It's me. Sorry I didn't tell you. 😂
Lmao, it's me noodles. No, don't sigh.

Her confusion faded as she read the texts, almost laughing at his words.

No, don't sigh.

That was what she did eventually.

He knew her too well.

|××××××|

Were you guys breathing when you read the first few lines?

Hm, I am not very sure🤫

I am sure you were like, "Has the author gone mad?" or "Did I skip a chapter?"