19 - Tragic trick of fate

Author's POV

The mediocre crowd in the theatres were replaced by people gushing and the never-ending lane of wanting to get a ticket for the latest film. The trailer was already in the talks and the audience was keen to watch the film as soon as they can. Many did and left the house with insane reviews, and gigantic spreading on how they were flabbergasted.

Avni, on one side, was busy receiving compliments and critics for such a movie and someone was busy solving cases to even care for a genuine sleep.

The reviews were all over the place, on every social. But twitter takes it all in. People critiqued the film hugely.

"The direction and the way it was written was everything. Nothing seemed to lack but just the amount of daily romance you could get in a film for the typical cliché people want. Pun intended!"

"I think apart from the main leads, I loved the way Jennifer's character was portrayed. Though a villain, she did have a way of getting people under her charisma with just a catchy monologue. For me, it was thriller, mystery, adventure and a lot of fun."

"Avni Raichand!! I swear how she portrays a character is everything one could ask for. Her sense of style and depicting emotions varies in every film of hers. To be honest, every film she does is something that makes me wonder about such a topic. I have never been interested in sci-fi but films like these make me keen. Good job to everyone who put efforts into making such beautiful work. I wish in future I could watch more of these, but it will be a cherry on the cake if Avni engages ;) I have never reviewed films but she makes it all worth it. - A genuine fanboy."

Friends in a cafe, locals on a bus and people on a date with themselves thinking and talking about it. It felt surreal for everyone who was a part of that film. Avni was busy getting offers from cinema entities but she wasn't in a rush. When this all will slow down, she will know what to do. For now, she already had a few offers signed.

Neil was still thinking about the card in his hands. The card he saw lying on the ground after sending Avni home during the event. VR Industries, I wonder why would he give this card to her.

Neil wasn't one to act on impulse. That day, he knew someone will be there to keep an eye on Avni. He saw her talking to a man brightly so he wasn't concerned. The real thing started when she was on the way towards the dining area. He didn't quite catch the face of the man, just saw her forced expression to get herself excused.

"Sir, as you asked. This VR Industries is in the business of trading goods internationally. This seems very well known yet secretive. So, any information on the owners' personal life isn't public and that easy to gain." DD explained Neil.

"What about the security cameras?"

"Now that is a different case, sir. We couldn't quite get a hold of much because it wasn't authorised. But still, even without any warrant, we managed to give an excuse for the actors being horrified by the gunshots."

"And?"

"There are many cameras in the building. But just Avni Raichand and the man were quite close standing in the corner of the dining area. So we could see her image in the footage but him...Even if we tried we couldn't get how he looks, it was too directional...if he was standing in a place any different than that-we could maybe have found out." DD sighed at the efforts gone to waste.