06 - Annoying Soulmate

Author's POV

The day passed by as usual for Avni. It was 1 in the morning, her eyes were tired from lack of sleep and her body was aching, muscles tensed due to the tiring shoot. She hit her bed with a thud, in deep need to sleep she closed her eyes but she couldn't sleep.

Ahh, Just do your work and let me sleep. You can't be just full of unnecessary thoughts at night.

Avni cursed herself as if she was talking to someone disguised as her brain.

Her mind pondered again on Neil's words, "Your driver drives bad. And you're rude to strangers."

Avni crawled up on the other side of her bed hugging her pillow. "Who is he?" She mumbled to herself, her eyes drooping close due to lack of sleep. Her mind didn't let her think much because soon she fell asleep.

"Hey, Avni!!" A yelling sound reached out to Avni's ears as her room door was opened with a thud.

"Don't tell me, you're still sleeping?" Her friend gaped at her.

"Ah, at least be quiet when someone's sleeping" Avni whispered, almost audible as she embraced her blanket more.

"Heyy! Wake up."

"Piyaaa!" Avni yelled in an exhausted tone glancing at the clock, dumbfounded how it was morning. She felt as if she didn't even sleep for an hour.

"You can't sleep Avni. You promised me." Piya whined while stomping her foot.

"I am sorry, I came late from the shoot last night. It was so tiring my back hurts." Avni sat on the bed looking towards the window.

"Let's reschedule." Avni shrugged and stared at Piya with puppy eyes.

Piya knew her so she gave up and agreed.

"I have an idea. Let's just take a break from your busy-busy schedule." Piya's eyes lit up as she clapped her hands.

Avni shook her head.

"Come on," Piya pulled Avni by holding her hand tight and lead her to the kitchen.

"What about Paris?" Avni just stared unbelievably at Piya while munching on her sandwich. The time went by Piya explaining her plans and talking non-stop while Avni was just nodding to her nonsense.

"I have to go to shoot later," Avni said as she was done washing the dishes.

"Okay, I am going to my studio too." Piya picked up her bag and stood up.

"Don't forget your promise." Piya grinned as she closed the door. Avni just smiled meekly.

Avni grabbed her phone and dialled a number.

"Hello? You called earlier."

"Yeah. Missed you."

"Oh, me too."

"I am coming to Mumbai soon."

Avni's eyes lit up, "Don't tell me!" She exclaimed.

"Is Piya with you?"

"Nah, she just went to the studio. I have to keep her promise." Avni huffed, shrugging.

"Aww, your bad. Enjoy her company."
Avni could hear the laughter and tease in the other person's voice.

"I hate you," Avni whined.

"Love you too. Bye. See you soon." Avni just smiled and hanged up the phone returning the bye.

Avni kept her coffee cup back onto the kitchen counter before she went to talk with her P.A.

She stared out the window. The sky turned the darkest blue, waving goodbye to the sun that lights it up.

"Lovely, you have already managed my schedules this week. Right?" Avni questioned Lovely and he nodded.

"Okay great. This weekend is off for you. I will be busy." Avni told him as she walked towards her car on her way to shoot.

"Ma'am, have you talked with the Director?" Lovely asked politely.

"Not yet, but soon as I get free time. The shoots are tiring for everybody so I didn't have much time to talk to him. Maybe today or tomorrow, I will talk it out." Avni explained as she smiled towards Lovely.

Gazing at the driver she remembered last night when she was thinking about him. "Your driver drives bad. And you're rude to strangers."

It appeared to her that Neil was the guy she talked rudely to when her car almost bumped into his, slightly. Her bad days are mostly cured if she lets it out.

Avni smiled remembering that day.

I must be silly not recognising him. He still was nice to me.

Avni facepalmed herself. Soon her mind shifted to the promise and she scoffed.

This girl gets on my nerves. How am I even friends with her?

"That's because you both are same. Your mind thinks and reacts the same to situations. It seems like telepathy. Sometimes I feel you are soulmates, god."

Avni remembered someone's words and chucked.

More like an annoying soulmate, she thought.

|××××××|

A/N:

I would appreciate if you check out my other books too <3