10 - The alarm

Avni's POV

As we head to the south side, I see beautiful beaches everywhere. The scenic beauty is so appealing to the eye. I always feel good around nature, my favourite thing about exploring places.

I think most people miss out on how beautiful India is. I haven't been too much but I love it here.

Piya happily cheers as we reach our destination. It is hot in Goa so I decided to wear a simple long sundress that reaches my knee-length.

"Hey let's go over there, and then we can go to the mall?" Piya asks glancing my way.

Ali and I both nod at her.

We spent quality time at the beach and now we are headed to the mall.

As we reach there, Piya takes Ali to the men's section whereas I decided to go to the accessories section.

I search for something more antique and beautiful.

A lady approaches me, "Are you looking for something?" She asks politely.

"Um, can you show me something antique, like not modern accessories, but they should have a unique touch?"

"I know what you are looking for. Come with me." She gestures me to the second floor and I follow her up there.

I search for the one I'm looking for. Maybe it won't be the same as the one I lost, but maybe it will.

"Sorry, I can't find the one," I say, slightly dejected.

Not my luck, again.

"These are the most beautiful ones. You'll def-" I cut her off.

"I am looking for something similar to the one I lost." I sigh.

"Maybe if you can show me a picture?"

"I don't have one. It was so unique, I can't describe it." I shrug.

"Thank you anyway." I smile at her and she does the same.

I wander around the mall, trying to find something that I like. I halt in front of a beautiful piece. It is simple yet appealing to the eye. An off-shoulder maroon velvet blouse with a baby light pink long frock beneath.

Perfect.

I stare at the dress, taking a few steps backwards to get a look from afar.

While doing so, I stumble across the rack and was about to fall, but I feel a handgrip on my hand and another behind my back.

I widen my eyes which were squinted due to the incident that was about to happen.

I look up to the person, staring at me with an unknown emotion displaying.

No, not him again.

He pulls me slightly upwards, and I stand close to him.

It was as if we were having a staring competition.

I back off a little and he lets go of my hand.