41. Day4- Mehendi ceremony- II

Hiii my lovely readers... 😍😍😍😘😘😘

Gangaputra saw to all the arrangements. He looked out of the window to see the position of sun. It seems that the one prahar(3 hrs) had finally ended. How could it be that he has been waiting eagerly for it. Now he has to hurry up.

He knew if he didn't get right now to Shikha, then that silly girl will definitely do as she said and go alone.

He was going when Satyavati came suddenly.

Satyavati- Bheeshma, All's done? Good. Now let's go.. the Royal chef is asking for what would be the menu next.

Gangaputra couldn't go now. There's no way he could let her(Shikha) go away. If he was late, she will try to do things in utter defiance. He knew her so well.

Gangaputra- Maata ... You should decide on it .

Satyavati- But...

Gangaputra- Take help from Putri Gandhari and Kunti and both sister-in-law. Please you should all decide on it.

Satyavati- Alright.

Gangaputra- Now I may take your leave.

He started to go, when Satyavati asked.

Satyavati- Are you going anywhere???

Gangaputra- Yes.

Satyavati- Where?!

As he has never told a lie in his life, he told her.

Gangaputra- I'm taking Shikha for a ride.

Satyavati was stunned.

Yesterday, both of them behaved like sworn enemies and now he was taking her for a ride. And Shikha! Really. No princess. No Shikhandini but Shikha. Not bad, Bheeshma.

A mischievous thought came to her mind. She has seen that when the kids are said not to do anything like don't climb up on the tree, they will definitely do it.
Satyavati tried to speak in a very concerned tone.

Satyavati- Shikha?! The Panchal princess???

Gangaputra- Yes Maata. The same.

Satyavati (deliberately)- I wouldn't suggest you to associate with her. She is cleverer than her age.

Gangaputra's jaw clenched. But he said coolly.

Gangaputra- I would like to call her smart. She is not like other girls.

Satyavati- How would you know?! You have never ever known any girl???

Gangaputra- Maata... What's your real concern?

Satyavati- I admit she is smart and witty and humorous, and the novelty and freshness of hers is attractive but...

Gangaputra- But what???

Satyavati- She is a force, Bheeshma. A force even you couldn't handle. As she has the power to hurt you and I don't want to see you hurted.

Stubbornly, Gangaputra replied.

Gangaputra- If she hurts me, then she hurts me. Nothing big deal. No one should be invincible. And if anyone who could handle her in this world is no one but me. Stop overthinking. We are just friends.

Saying that, he left.

Satyavati smiled broadly and heartily. Thank God for his stubbornness this time. It's really needed. Finally, Gangaputra Bheeshma was coming out from his protective shell.
***

Oh god! How could I forgot! The sun is almost up. She has to go, thought Shikha.

She was busy talking with Urvi that the girls have filled her hands with Henna.