14. A Vow for a Vow- I

Posting double chapters... ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Title- A Vow for a Vow makes the whole world Wow.

With Urvi gone, Karna mingled with the other guests. Many princes from all the kingdoms had come. He saw Shikha standing alone, so he excused himself and approached her.

So many years have passed since he saw her.

Shikha smiled seeing him.

Shikha said teasingly. "Seems like your bride was snatched by a gang of giggling girls, Radheya".

"Oh please, princess Shikha...". Karna groaned like a child. "Not you too... Why is everyone teasing me... I have never encountered so much teasing in my life".

Both laughed.

Shikha was astonished as well. "Who are you and what have you done with the rough and tough guy I know from the Gurukul???"

Karna shrugged. "I think deep down I always wanted to be like this".  He smiled as explaining everything. He forever wanted his own identity and respect and love.

Shikha understands what he wants to say and feels about. "I'm so happy for you, Radheya. You really deserves all this happiness. My hearty congratulations to you'.

Karna beamed at her. "Thank you so much".

Shikha was looking at the hall but her mind was wandering somewhere else. "It feels like yesterday, you know, when you came to Guru Parshurām for being his disciple".

A nostalgic look came in both faces.

"Yeah". Karna laughed. But then he jeered himself. "I was lean and gangly".

Shikha chuckled. "You were only ten. What did you expect at the age of ten. I myself was like that. Weird. Boyish. Like an eleven year boy".

Both grinned.

Shikha continued. "But you are brave and valorous ever since your childhood, which I wasn't. I still remember the day, when a snake was going to bite me and you saved me. But you were crazy to hold it with your bare hand. It bit you. I got so scared for you".

Karna shrugged again and said nonchalantly. "No, princess. It was nothing . You are brave warrior yourself. I was only at the right place at the right time. And if it wouldn't have happened how would I have known that I have quick healing properties".

Shikha looked at him proudly.  "A right person, at a right time, at a right place. You're the first person dearest to me. As like Panchali".

Karna blushed a little. "I know. You coddled me like a kid until I was at Gurukul of Guru Parshurām".

"You're Still like a kid to me. It doesn't matter I'm only a year older than you". Shikha said.

She has a brotherly feeling for him. And was protective towards him.

Both smiled at each other again.

Shikha asked him curiously.  "So tell me about all this Prince Karna thing??? When did it happen??? You told me that you're a normal boy who wanted to pursue Archery. How did you become Prince???"

Karna started telling her. "I didn't tell you because I myself didn't know. Dronacharya rejected me saying a low birth boy couldn't be taught by him. But Pitamah guided me at that time to approach Guru Parshurām who took me under his tutelage and taught me under his benevolent kindness. As you graduated a year before me at 21, I was still there for one more year".

Shikha reminiscing their old days . "Yeah. I missed you then".

Karna reflected the same. "Me too. So, in my last year when my studies were at completion, Pitamah came one day. He said that I was the son of Mata Kunti, lost after my birth. I was shocked. When I returned home, I asked baba and Radha maa about it and they said that they found me on the bank of river Ganga. Pitamah said that it doesn't matter. He said, I was the Jyesta Kuru Prince and eldest to all Kauravas-Pandavas and coronated as me as Yuvaraj".