26. Day2- Bonding-I

Hiii my lovely readers... 😍😍😍😘😘😘
Sorry to say, one more chapter without your hottie. 😉😉😉🤣🤣🤣
***

Shikha and Mahamata Satyavati were left in each other's company. Shikha saw the retreating form of Radheya and thought what mischief he was upto.

But everyone who is in the palace had a mischievousness in them. It's like the palace had put some charm on people and they only know about playfulness. Including her of course.

Mahamata Satyavati smiled at the retreating form of Karna and spoke affectionately.

"It's his Tilak ceremony and he wants everyone to be working around his ceremony. Like planets revolving around the Sun." Chuckling, she said, "he's such a boy. Don't know how he's going to do after marriage."

Mahamata was speaking with Shikha, it seems. And Shikha couldn't be rude with her. And for some reasons she didn't know, she was feeling at ease with Satyavati.

Shikha chuckled. "Radheya is just like that. Insistent and stubborn. Even in our Gurukul days, if he had thought about doing anything, he would do it, forgetting about sleeping, eating and everything."

A cordial conversation took place in the name of their dearest Karna, which they never thought could have been happened.

Satyavati smiled. "Let's start with our decoration, Princess Shikha. I hope you wouldn't mind me calling you that???"

It wasn't that they have to decorate the palace by themselves. Many florist and decorators were present at their service. It's the advantage of being Royalty.

Shikha voice faltered on the niceties of Queen Satyavati. "Not at all, Queen Majesty, I wouldn't mind."

Satyavati smiled. "I prefer myself  being called Queen Mother (Mahamata), but I'll wait for it until I've earned it."

Shikha didn't say anything. They walked together and saw many baskets full of different flowers.

The Decorators asked, "What flowers do you like for decorations, Your highnessess???"

Shikha and Satyavati chimed at the same time.

Satyavati 'Jasmine', Shikha 'Rose'.

Satyavati smiled. "You are our guest of honour for decoration. Roses it's decided then."

Shikha was stunned. It's like she is seeing another version of Satyavati. What has happened in her life to change her that much. She still remember the day when Satyavati very proudly and arrogantly had dismissed her as Amba when Satyavati had refused her to marry  Gangaputra Bheeshma.

Shikha hated her that time, but now she was having neutral feelings for her. Why now??? She is still the stepmother of Gangaputra.

But her predicament with both of them, that is Gangaputra and Satyavati are changing. She has no ill-feelings for Gangaputra.  (why don't you just admit that you like him then and now, Shikha scolded herself. Shut up myself).

And his mother... Why couldn't she despise her now.

The Decorators asked again. "Which colour, Your highnessess???"

Again at the same time, they said.

Satyavati 'White'; Shikha 'Red.'

Satyavati smiled and as if explaining herself she fondly said. "Bheeshma likes white."

Shikha already knew that. She retorted softly, not being disrespectful towards her. "I know Gangaputra loves White...  But it's Radheya's Tilak ceremony. No???"