5. Blast from the past-I

Hiii my lovely readers 😍😍😍😘😘😘
***
Shikha hated Gangaputra. She still did. But she couldn't deny the fact that he's attractive. But that attractiveness was only superficial.

She lays on her bed and was looking at the ceiling, but her mind was far away.

It was still fresh in her mind the day of her Swayamvar. Amba's Swayamvar.

Amba, Ambika, and Ambalika were three beautiful daughters of King Kashya of Kashi kingdom. At that time, there was no other princess in Aryavarte who could compete with their beauty and was eligible for marriage.

All the eligible bachelors were invited for the Swayamvar except Hastinapur.

(No proven fact is known why Hastinapur wasn't invited. Some scripture says that Kashi didn't invite Hastinapur because, King Shantanu, father of Bheeshma rejected the proposal of the marriage of the sister, Vatsala of Kashi king to his son Bheeshma. So to take the revenge, Kashi didn't invite Hastinapur in Swayamvar. )

Another reason was that King Vichitravirya wasn't considered at that time eligible prospect. He was spending his time drinking and wasting. Even he was humiliated in Panchal for that. Bheeshma singlehandedly saved him. He wanted to train Vichitravirya by himself to be an eligible king but Rajmata Satyavati insisted that until Gangaputra Bheeshma was alive nothing could harm Hastinapur whether the king is eligible or not.

Hastinapur took the insult personally that they were not invited. Rajmata Satyavati ordered Bheeshma to took all three princess on behalf of Hastinapur and give the answer for the insult.

Bheeshma denied that he couldn't go there as it's a prerogative for the prospected bride to choose her own husband, but Satyavati denied and reminded him of his Vow that if couldn't stand for Hastinapur he would be exiled from Hastinapur.
Bheeshma had to go there uninvited to fulfill his vow.

Amba on the other hand was in love with King Shalva of Samudrakushki/Saubala. They were secretly in love and Amba had decided to put the Varmala on his neck only.

Ambika and Ambalika were conscious about to whom they would choose as their grooms.

Amba, Ambika, and Ambalika have a conversation to whom to choose and whom to not.

Amba, the eldest advised to both that whomever they would like their heart starts beating

Amba, the eldest advised to both that whomever they would like their heart starts beating. To choose wisely otherwise their lives would be filled with pain and misery. And she had confidence that their lives would be filled with happiness.

But Who knows that a Stranger was coming who is going to stand between them and their happiness.

All the grooms and brides were assembled in the Swayamvar hall.

Amba saw King Shalva and her heart filled with ecstasy.