55. Day 6- Love's Desire-I

Hello my lovely readers😘😘😘
Here's a short update.
💗💗💗

A couple of hours later, Shikha regained her consciousness again.

Groggily, she shook her head and opened her eyes and blinked. She saw Gangaputra was still seated on the bed. But his eyes looked cautious and blank, without emotions.

Wariness flashed in his deep eyes.

Maybe this whole poison thing has made her brain go dead, she thought. But she felt that she had lost Gangaputra in its way. Because he was sitting near her in the same room but was so far, far away. Is he mad that she had told him that she is Amba?

And her suspicion turned into reality, when she reached her hand to touch his cheek and he stopped it gently by taking her wrist.

As if deducing the confusion and hurt in Shikha's eyes, Gangaputra's face softened. He put Shikha's hand on his other hand and sandwiched it with his both hands.

Both of them fell silent. Gangaputra broke the spell by speaking, in a hoarse voice.

Gangaputra - Everything is alright now. You need to rest.

Shikha was staring at him amazed. Because everything was not alright. At all.

She tried to sit and rested against the headrest of the bed. She whispered his name.

Shikha- G.. Gangaputra?

Gangaputra left the bed and stood in front of the opened window and was staring out of it. The Brahma muhurat was approaching. After sometime the Sun will rise and everyone in the palace will rise too. It's not good for the reputation of an unmarried girl to have spent the night in the bedchamber of a man.

What a lame excuse, he thought.

Shaking his head, he repeated the same lame excuse to her. When he was done, he said thickly.

Gangaputra - There's a... a secret passage to your room.

He explained to her the secret passage way in monotone.

Shikha interrupted him.

Shikha - We need to talk...

Before she could speak anything more, he whispered softly and desperately.

Gangaputra - Please leave before dawn.

Saying this, he left his own chamber with a heavy heart, without looking at her; for he knew he wouldn't be able to face her.

He will later explain to her about his curse and that it shouldn't be taken lightly and that she needed to keep her distance from him.

Tomorrow.. he will do it tomorrow because today he felt exhausted to his soul. Furthermore, tomorrow might be her last day of stay in Hastinapur after the rituals of the wedding ceremony are concluded. And he will make sure that their path should never cross again in future. He can feel it now, the agony of never seeing her again.

Shikha stared at the retreating form of Gangaputra. His voice echoed in her ears, 'Please leave before dawn.' She couldn't believe it.

Not again. Not this time, she thought. He has done it again. And she has not expected that from him.

She blinked.

Her eyes, but remained devoid of any tears this time. As she has no tears left in it.

***

The dawn came.

It was the longest dawn of Gangaputra's life. Because once again he has hurted Shikha. And for that he was never going to forgive himself. He should probably kill himself.