42. Day4- Super-bonding-I

Hiii my lovely readers... 😍😍😍😘😘😘

Gangaputra- Do you want to go or not?! Your choice.

Shikha scowled incredulously at him then at her Mehendi. She wants to go or not! Hell, she was ready and waiting for it. But... Why are there are so many buts in her life?!

This henna would take too much time to dry and leave colour. And she couldn't go out like this moreover. She looked expectantly up at the towering form of Gangaputra.

Shikha- Couldn't we postpone it??? I mean we can go tomorrow or some other time.

He was silent. It's a no, then. It's her choice, he thought. But he felt disheartening that he was expecting and she rejected.

Well, the taste of rejection is bitter and unbearable.

He deserves that. Part of him was vaguely hurt by the fact that as if he has extended his hand to a fluffy little kitten and received a scratch for his trouble.

Masking his expressions, he nodded his head.

She was startled to see the forlorn expressions of his eyes. He may be looking impassive and emotionless but his eyes said another thing. If she was a little bit nasty, she could have enjoyed his torment that he must have known what's it felt like to be rejected. But no, she felt sad and puzzled.

Uncertain, she bites her lower lip.  His eyes zeroed on her lips.

Shikha- Give me a moment. Let me wash this out.

She glanced at her hands and turned to go. But suddenly Gangaputra held her by her shoulders and said intently.

Gangaputra- After all the efforts I've put on it, you are going to wash it off. No way!

Shikha's eyes caught with his smoldering eyes and her breathing stopped for a moment. She was drowning in his eyes.She couldn't look away as his gaze have a magnetic charm that only she could feel.

There was a certain vibrancy, a lavish masculinity of him that made her sharply aware of her own femininity. Her whole body started tingling.

He's so unpredictable and intriguing. His eyes could change so quickly, from coldness to laughter and then to shining to opaqueness that dared her to guess what he was feeling.

She wants to confess all about her and told him about her past, present and future. She wants to embrace him tightly and be secured in his arms. She wants him to say that everything would be fine and alright. But she couldn't. She should stay away from him because he has the power to hurt her.

Twice he has hurted her. One time as Amba and another time at the night few days ago when she tried to hug him.

She ought to stay away from him, yet she was drawn to him like a moth(fly) towards fire who knows it's fate already that it's going to get burnt. Please, don't hurt me Gangaputra when I have so many feelings for you, she thought. And yet she knew that he wouldn't do it deliberately.

But he is still that protective shell that is frosted and impenetrable. Shikha wished that she could reach out to that deeply buried part of him that was still young and vulnerable. Or maybe he's letting her in, and she was foolish enough to not see that.

He cleared his throat softly. She has zoned out again.

She shook her head as if coming out from a dream. Cantankerous bickering is their safe zone. Putting the levity back in their conversation; with twinkling eyes, she said with a chuckle.

Shikha- Effort?! You practically ruined it.

Gangaputra felt himself to return normal.

Moments ago he considered something changed between them which he couldn't comprehend. How could he feels so strongly for her, he didn't know.