23. Day2- Defiance

Hii my lovely readers... 😍😍😍😘😘😘

Happy Navratri to all of you. My hearty wishes... ❤️❤️❤️

***
Gangaputra has never tasted even a single drop of Madeira in his life. But in the morning when he awoke, he was feeling hungover.

He called his royal-servant and asked for Headache brew who brought it immediately. He gulped the whole brew in one sip.

God, what a scary night it was, he thought. He can't have any titillating notions about one of his guest. It's beyond his code of conduct.

Oh stop Bheeshma. Don't start this again.

He went straight for a bath. He soaked himself in the bathtub and dipped himself head to toe in the warm water. A moment later he came out of water and sighed relief.

When fully dressed, he looked out his window towards the practice arena. Empty. He looked upwards, the sun is almost over the head. (It was 11am).

For the first time in his life, he had slept this lately. Many first things are happening to him, it seems.

He went to the corridor of Vasant Mahal. It was Solemnly somber and silent. Neither any sound was coming from Rani Mahal nor Raja Mahal or any part of the palace. It was grave silent.
Only distant sounds of elders and servants were heard doing their daily work.

But where the hell are the kids???

Have I threatened the kids with my boorish behaviour last night, he thought??? That's the outcome of being the Mahamahim.

They were just having fun, but they were disordering the rules of palace. Have I been very harsh on them??? Because last morning they were all screaming and shouting and hooting like 5 years kids. Playing on the arena.

He regretted his harsh action to the kids. Just because he couldn't have any fun in his life that doesn't mean the kids couldn't also.

And he didn't like this silence. He loves them lively and cheering.

He was walking through the palace when he heard a shout of laughter coming from an open drawing room. And it was coming from his greatest nemesis; the one causing miseries in his life. Princess Shikha.

God I'm haunted day and night by this evil creature, muttered Gangaputra.  Not evil, but the She-devil herself.

He instinctly walked in the direction of the room. He heard,
Karna laughing  "Oh God! Princess Shikha..."

Shikha's voice trailed. "Oh my God! Radheya! You have to see them... Your brothers... They were like.. "

Radheya!!! What on earth is she doing with Karna.

Gangaputra bursted into the room. He saw Shikha. And it seems, she was on for killing in that black dress. His eyes stucked on her off-shouldered slender neck.

Karna was laughing hysterically. They both saw Pitamah.

Karna bowed. "Pitamah, Pranipaat."

Pitamah said, "Ayushmaan!"

Shikha was smiling mischievously. Teasingly, she spoke. "Gosh GAPPU!!! You look sotted! Have you been drinking???"

GAPPU!!! He's going to kill her.

No, he can't.

How could she corrupt his name???

Karna had gone open-mouthed.

Gangaputra grunted gruffly "GAPPU???"

Mischievously, Shikha chimed.
"Radheya... Last night your Pitamah called me by my nickname, Shikha. Isn't it my duty and responsibility to give him a nickname too??? Ganga- Putra shortened GAPPU."