VI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

(Y/n) took the golden bowl in her hands, drinking melted diamonds was a part of every coronation ceremony.

'My predecessors had all gone through this, but I was told that they wouldn't feel good after it. It was also rumoured that drinking such substance would lead to life threatening health complications.'

Her thoughts wandered to the times her uncle was still alive. As much as she want to reminisce, she had a coronation to finish.

She pushed all her thoughts and drew her focus back to her surroundings. Slowly, she neared the bowl to her mouth.

'I'm gonna die anyways, so might as well.'

(Y/n) drank the liquid and her throat felt like it was burning, everyone, more like the High Priest, eyed her closely.

If she spits it out, she would not be fit to hold the Head of State title, majority of rulers have tried to keep it in but would fail.

(Y/n) knew, that if she can obtain that position of the Grand Church, she would be twice as powerful as she would be with her born position.

The taste was dreadful, it was as if something was pouring acid in her throat. She so badly wanted to scratch her neck, she wanted to vomit it all out.

But she knew better than to do that, not only will she lose the said title but also she would embarrass herself in front of hundreds of people.

(Y/n) slowly handed the golden bowl to the High Priest, her face showed no expression. The High Priest tried to find any signs of discomfort in her features, but she was deemed unreadable.

Making sure for the last time, the High Priest nodded his head in approval and took the golden bowl from her.

Those who knew (Y/n)'s situation, sighed in relief, some even groaned in envy.

Piere was one of those who let out a breath of relief, who would've thought that she could drank such substance, he mostly thought she would spit out.

Perhaps he underestimated the Late Emperor's teachings on her, he should've known better than to underestimate the man who fought 14 wars during his reign.

The High Priest then presented her a cushion, on top it were two of the holy items of the Grand Church, the holy scepter and the orb.

An ornate golden scepter with a cross at the tip, a diamond is enclosed in the middle clasps. And a golden orb with golden carvings and a dragon on the top of it.

(Y/n) gently grabbed the said items, the scepter in her right hand and the orb in her left hand. Once she had the items in her hands, she turned to face the crowd.

"All shall rise."

Everyone stood up on the High Priest's orders. The (h/c)-nette remained unreadable, her head was held high, her structure was overall elegant and held some sort of authority to it.

"Standing before you is the newly coronated sovereign. As she hold her head high, she is prepared to bear all the outcomes of her decisions for her Empire."

Everyone smiled at her, some were proud of her and some couldn't care less, she gripped the scepter as she felt it slightly slipping from her hold.

Her (e/c) eyes scanned her surroundings, jeez this was some crowd she was facing. She could recognize some of the faces, naming from Emperors, Empresses, Princes, Princesses, to the heralds that stood by her side ever since she was small child.

"She is the friend, the lover, the sister, the mother, the Emperor of her Empire. As she is crowned in this sacred Grand Church, she holds the holy scepter and the orb, she would follow her predecessors' path of line."

The High Priest then took a round, glittering  golden crown with an amber bottom and thick bands on the red fabric, alternating with smaller fleur de lis.

The entire section had small diamonds decorating it, and on the very top is a cross with a red diamond on it. Beaded chains of crystals and pearls hangs from the crown, adorned with many gems and cross charms.

He handled the Imperial Crown with care as he approached (Y/n) and stood behind her. The High Priest held the crown above her head, slowly lowering it as he continued with his speech.

"From this forth embarks a new dynasty, a new generation, a new legacy. Let us initiate a chapter, let us all hail the Grand Empress and the Head of the Grand Church's State, I present to you,"

The Imperial Crown was finally bestowed upon her head. But surprisingly, she felt it light upon her head, but she found it heavy in her heart.

.

.

.

"Grand Empress (Y/n) of the Nevivon Empire."