LXXXIX

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

(Y/n) went back to her room, after spending time with Navier. Once she was inside, she noticed that her ladies-in-waiting weren't present yet.

'They still must be enjoying themselves.'

She thought, letting out a sigh and she began to untie her hair.

Her eyes then drifted to a small box on a table. It was pale white box with golden linings adorning it.

She went towards it and she softly ran her hand against it. 'I still need to find the perfect opportunity to give this to her.'

She managed to untangle her hair and she closed her eyes, breathing out a sigh of relief.

"There was rumour about Rashta being a runaway slave when his majesty first brought her here in the palace."

'A runaway slave?'

She slowly opened her eyes again and she lazily plopped down on her bed.

'Sovieshu...'

Why?

'Why are you purposely doing all of this?'

The (h/c)-nette had observed that everytime she would see Sovieshu with his concubine, the former would shot her a look of guilt.

He would look hesitant whenever she was there to witness the times he was with his mistress.

But he would sometimes forget about her when there was a problem involving the silver-nette.

Does he love her? Truly love her?

"Or does he have some kind of motive?"

She asked no one in particular, concubines were 'impure beings'— as repeatedly told by her late uncle.

"They caused nothing but trouble, remember that (Y/n)."

They do, but they can also help secure your right to the throne. They help boost your status and they are the source of any gossip everyone finds amusing.

'But they're nothing but whores, trying to earn a few favours by sleeping with a sovereign and they are nothing but filth lurking around the palace. Tainting the royal home of Kings and Queens with their disgusting existence.'

(Y/n) let out a long sigh.

"I thought you hated them too, but what are you doing?"

There was suddenly a knock on the door, breaking her out from her thoughts.

Who could that be? She wondered.

Her ladies-in-waiting must've finally be done with the party. She stood up and approached the door.

Usually a servant would it for her but she was currently alone at the moment.

She opened the door was met with a familiar ginger haired woman— who looked a bit surprised seeing the Nevivon Empress.

It was as if she was expecting her to answer the door.

"Oh— um, greetings, your majesty."

She lifted her skirt and gave a respectful courtesy. (Y/n) nodded her head but she looked surprise too.

She wasn't expecting Navier's lady-in-waiting to see her at a time like this.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

She paused, "Laura, was it?"

The said woman nodded her head shyly, she had a small red hue dusted on her cheeks.