XVI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

(Y/n) nodded at his compliance and took careful steps towards the large bird in front of them.

She slowly reached out her hand, her face remains impassive. The large bird's coruscating eyes stared intently at her reaching hand.

Without any hesitation, the bird inclined its head against her palm. As if it wanted to be touched by her.

Willingly, she let the creature rubbed its face against her hand. Staring at it with pure interest.

She noted that the large bird was of the most beautiful golden colour and has the most beautiful striking purple eyes.

Piere, however, still remained on guard. He didn't trust that creature one bit, despite what he was watching in front of him.

The bird though seemed to want more than just rubbing its face on her hand, so it chirped and nudge her hand.

"Coo! Coo!"

As if knowing what it wants, (Y/n) started to gently scratched the back of its head and earned a soft growl from it.

"Coo...coo..."

The bird seeming to be contented with the touches she was giving it.

"How peculiar."

"Your majesty."

Piere slowly approached them as (Y/n) carefully grabbed the bird, cradling it in her arms.

"Cah—?!"

The golden bird shrieked at her sudden actions, it wasn't expecting to cradle her in her arms at all.

It tries to squirm out her arms, as if it was embarrassed in her majesty's arms. But the Empress', surprisingly, strong arms prevented it from doing so.

"Your majesty, this could be a trap."

The (h/c)-nette stroked the bird and she felt it purr, which felt oddly satisfying to her.

She merely looked at Piere, an impassive look was shown on her features.

"Your majesty."

She huffed and placed the bird down on the table, the bird huffing out a breath of relief.

"Alright alright." (Y/n) sighed and continued to stroke the bird's head.

That's when the golden bird finally became fully aware of the reason why it went there inside the Empress' room in the first place.

"Coo!"

"Hm?"

The bird gestured its leg and there was a small letter tied to it. Which surprised both of them as they had not noticed it before.

And made the Duke of the house of Caldwell, all the more suspicious about the large golden bird.

"A letter?"

"Allow me, Empress."

Piere reached for the letter tied to its leg, but was declined by the bird, who bit his thumb with its beak.

"Gah—!"

"Caah!"

The bird squawked at him and even hissed, and gestured its leg to the Imperial woman instead.

"It seems it doesn't like you."

"Clearly."

"I wouldn't blame it."

He did try to hurt the beautiful creature out of instinct, maybe that's why. So (Y/n) went and untied the letter from its leg.

"Oh? What's this?"

(Y/n) unfolded the letter and was amused at what she had read.

The letter reads:

"Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, and summer’s lease hath all too short a date; Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, And often is his gold complexion dimm'd; And every fair from fair sometime declines."

The bird eyeing her closely, as if it was trying to see some kind of reaction from her. She playfully scoffed and stifled a laugh.

"Oh my, how poetic."

Piere stood behind her, reading the letter from her back. But his reaction was totally the opposite from hers.

"What?"

In a gruffly surprised voice, he uttered. His eyebrow twitched, who would be so bold enough to dare send such a letter to her majesty?

.

.

.

"It would have seemed someone had drunk a bit too much."