CXLVIII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"That's all for today, your majesty."

"I see. Thank you, Marquis Karl."

The ravennette waved a hand of dismissal at his secretary and the latter bowed down his head before leaving.

Once the doors closed, Sovieshu let out a sigh and went back to work on his papers.

It wasn't long till the double doors burst open again, and he was about to reprimand the Marquis for the sudden interruption when—

"Your majesty!"

A high pitched wailing voice boomed inside his office, he looked up and was shocked to see his mistress bursting into tears and crying his name.

"Rashta—!"

"Your majesty! Wah...!"

Quickly, he stood up and the concubine immediately rush towards his embrace. He engulfed her in a tight hug as he comfortingly rubbed circles around her back.

"Oh my dear prize, ease yourself now." He cooed.

"Hic— hu...waaaa...!"

Despite his efforts on calming her down, Rashta was still crying like a baby.

She was clinging on to him as if her life had depended on it. Her tears have stained his clothes but Sovieshu wasn't minding it.

He held her close to him, whispering sweet nothings into her ear trying to ease her down— which it slowly did. Albeit she took a while to calm herself down.

He sat her down once she fully calmed herself. He asked for a servant to bring back some water for her, and once it arrived he immediately gave her a glass.

"Here, drink this."

Rashta took little sips, her hold on the glass was shaky and Sovieshu had to assist her.

She pulled away. The ravennette set the glass down and bent down on to her level. "Are you ready to tell me what happened now?" She answered but she stuttered at first.

"S-She...she..." He said nothing and waited for her to continue.

"Her m-majesty....."

He rose a brow, "The Empress? What did the Empress do?"

He started intently at her, now beginning to wonder what the Empress did to make Rashta come running to hin crying again.

The albino sniffled, "S-She made Rashta a laughing stock!"

"What?"

"R-Rashta was invited to Duchess Tuania's tea p-party...and then they were talking about something that d-didn't made sense, so Rashta asked— but then her majesty humiliated me and made me a-a laughing stock!"

She ended her sentence with a loud cry, her wailing sounds echoed inside his office. He was startled by the loudness and quickly went to shush her down.

"Rashta, come now, I'm here. Shh, it's alright."

He hugged her and soothingly rubbed circles on her back, he felt her tremble underneath his hold but he didn't let go of her.

"H-Hic...h-huff..."

As he was calming her down, he couldn't help but wonder if his wife really did such a thing. Perhaps Rashta misunderstood and Navier was merely correcting her...

But then again, he never really knows what the blonde was really up to, maybe she really did humiliated his mistress in front of the other guests.

But it didn't sound like a thing Navier would do...