CXXIX

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Duke Ergi."

A deep masculine voice spoke, his eyes stared sternly at the Blue Bohean Duke in front of him.

Rashta turned around and her heart skipped a beat.

Piere stood in front of her with reserved stance. His authority was clear and the way how the sun graze its rays on him— which made him look so handsome.

She blushed at the sight of him. Her heart gradually beats fast with each glance she took on him.

It has been awhile since she had last seen the Duke.

The last time she did, she saw him carry some heavy stacks of paper. She offered to help him, but he merely waved her off saying,

"I cannot allow myself to let a woman carry such heavy things. I fear it might put a heavy weight on yourself, you've got one already."

She remembered squealing out of joy that day, her maids stared at each other— confused. As their mistress repeatedly kicked her legs on the mattress.

While burying her sound of laughter and her red blooming face in the comforts of her soft pillow.

Well, aside from feeling all giddy at what he said to her, she felt bad for him.

That Nevivon Empress of theirs left to spend some quality time with her friends— maybe even plotting to bring the Emperor and the Empress back again.

—Leaving the poor sangria haired man to do all her work.

Rashta thought that Empress (Y/n) was hardly doing her job. She pursed her lips at the thought that the (h/c)-nette was merely lounging around without having to do anything.

Some sovereign she is...

She didn't see him after that, she knew that Duke Caldwell was busy as he was— she didn't want to bother him any further.

And that was very thoughtful of her.

When in reality, she merely happen to caught him while he was transferring some paperwork to Sovieshu's secretaries.

He doesn't really have that much work to do, in fact, he was barely working at all.

He was simply busy seeing a certain ginger haired lady-in-waiting.

But of course, the mistress doesn't know that.

Back to the present, Piere stood well poised as his eyes bore into the dirty blond haired male.

"Piere!"

Rashta quickly stood up from her swing and approached the Nevivonnian Duke. She beamed and all her worries disappeared in an instant.

"It's so lovely to see you!"

The sangria haired male gave her a small nod of acknowledgement, his sharp (e/c) eyes were like piercing through her soul.

She could feel her breath suddenly hitched, it was the same colour of eyes that had looked down upon her and said bad things to her.

But she clung on to her assumption that Piere wasn't like the witch. And that he was very different from her— as he was more hardworking than their Empress.

Piere returned his gaze on to the Bohean Duke and the latter shot him his signature smirk before stating.

"Duke Caldwell, what a surprise to see you here."

"You two know each other?"

The said man stayed silent for a bit, before drifting his eyes to stare at the dark doe like ones that was glued on to his figure.