XLI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

Seemingly having an injured leg, the woman struggled to stand, despite the maids' futile attempts at stopping her.

She bowed, albeit she had a bit of trouble, but she managed.

Navier didn't know how to respond and merely nodded her head in acknowledgement.

Thinking that was it, the blonde turned to walk away but the unknown woman called out to her.

"Oh! H-Hey!"

Causing the Empress to paused in her tracks, scrunching her brow.

What?

She was the Empress.

And yet she dares to say 'Hey'?

"We should just leave."

"You mustn't, Lady Rashta."

Ignoring them, the silver haired woman wobbled and struggled to stand and introduced herself to the blonde.

"Hi. I'm Rashta."

Her green eyes stared at her, she was sparkling from her perspective.

'What does she want for me?'

"Hello, Rashta."

Did she want her to say her name?

'I'm sure I won't run into her again.' Sighing, she turned her heels once more, only to be halted by the woman again.

"Oh— Wait!"

Hastily reaching out to her, she managed to grabbed a hold of her majesty's skirt— accidentally ripping it in the process.

"Oops!"

Rashta herself was shocked at what she had done, guilt was evident in her eyes.

"Oh no."

"Your majesty!"

"—!!"

"How insolent!"

Her ladies-in-waiting hurriedly rushed to her side, Countess Eliza harshly beat her hand off her skirt, as if she was a zoo monkey.

The injured woman flinched back in surprise, stammering.

"Oh, I-I... I'm sorry, I wanted to call out to you, but I didn't know what to call you."

"Her majesty is the Empress of the Eastern Empire! Watch your behaviour!"

Laura both proudly and irritatedly announced, she irritated at the fact that Rashta had done something inappropriate.

"Pardon? I-I mean, I know she's the Empress."

What on earth was she even talking about?

She's not making any sense.

She knew about the Empress? Yet, she dared to act that way?

"I... I'm Rashta."

The said woman was not making any sense into Navier's mind.

"Do you know me?"

The blonde decided to be straightforward with her, and she looked surprised.

"I don't know who you are and I have no reason to."

By her words, the silver haired woman's expression saddened.

"You don't know me?"

She added, "I am living in the eastern palace by the kindness of His Majesty the Emperor."

"Ah, yes..."

It then dawned on her, the injured leg, her unfamiliar presence and her inappropriate attitude.

She was—

"The slave?"

"—!"

Rashta was loss for words, her face turned pale at her sudden statement.

Before she could say anything else, one of her maids quickly stepped forward and redressed her.

"Your majesty! Please excuse her insolence. But Lady Rashta is not a slave."

Not a slave?

Has her ladies-in-waiting misspoken about the mysterious woman? Was the rumours all around not true? If so, wouldn't she be informed of it already?

"I see."

Well, if she says she's not, then there's no need to quibble over it.

Rashta then happily exclaimed that she was so excited to approach her and say hello but she didn't know when to do it.

"Say hello?"

"Well, we'll be seeing more of each other, so it's only right that I introduce myself."

She couldn't contain her happiness, she smiled, her eyes sparkled radiantly. She was truly innocent and naïve.

"So, what should I call you, your majesty?"

'What should you call me?'

"Call me her majesty the Empress."

"...Pardon?"

Navier took one last glance at her before turning her head away from the silver haired woman.

"Pardon the intrusion, your grace."

The Duke stopped reading the document in his hands and turned his gaze onto the servant before him.

"What is it?"

"Her majesty, the Empress, has sent a letter to you, my lord."

"Her majesty, the Empress?"

"Empress (Y/n) of the Nevivon Empire."

"Oh, give it here."

The servant quickly gave the letter to him, Kaufman cutting the envelope with a small knife and scanning its contents.

His eyes lit up once he fully read the letter— but quickly clearing his throat to hid the feelings he was feeling inside.

"Tell the Imote that I will be personally escorting her majesty for the New Year's celebration."

The servant nodded, leaving the room with a fast pace. Kaufman re-read the letter again with a small dust of pink hue on his cheeks.

"I hope she's doing well."

The last time the two of them saw each other was when their King was finally able to reclaim his throne once again.

Rwipt was surely in her debt, the diplomatic trade they had agreed with, turned out to be a great idea.

Their Kingdom prospered than ever before, all thanks to her.

Even though their distances are far apart, Kaufman never ends his day without sending a letter to the (h/c)-nette.

Sometimes she would send back a letter, sometimes she wouldn't, but no worries, the albino understood her busy schedule.

She's an Empress, after all.

.

.

.

"I can't wait to finally see you again."