CXIII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Your grace?!"

Rashta gasped and hurriedly went to his side. Her breath hitched seeing how drenched the Duke was.

"Are you alright?!"

She worriedly checked for any burnt marks, but she realized there was none when she noticed that the tea wasn't hot.

Her dark eyes were starting to look glossy, she kneeled right beside him— feeling hurt that someone could do such a thing to her friend.

She sobbed as her tears finally came running down her cheeks. She then turned to the person who did the deed.

(Y/n)'s eyes were glinting dangerously, staring down at the woman beside the Duke.

There was it again...

The fear that would always blossom inside her. But Rashta managed to push passed her fears and confronted the Empress.

"How dare you?!"

She hissed, bravely looking the (h/c)-nette directly in the eyes— despite the warning feeling in her gut telling her to bow her head down— who was holding a now empty tea cup.

However, in lieu of feeling offended at her disrespect, (Y/n) closed her eyes and sighed. Feeling wave of fatigue go through her.

She opened her eyes again and gave the silver-nette a snobbish look.

"Go and cry about it."

Was what she simply said, she raised her cup and in came a servant gently taking it. Their head hang low as they didn't dare to look at her directly.

The servant held the tea cup gently and move a step back. The Nevivon Empress then gave Ergi once last glance— the concubine stood up instinctively and tried to shield him from whatever she'll do next.

Her eyes met hers again, and she noticed how the woman was trembling and was biting her lip.

"The Empress of the Nevivon Empire is a horrible woman!"

She exclaimed, her tears continued to flow down. "You shouldn't do this to someone who merely invited you to tea!"

The servant let out a slight gasp.

This concubine really dared to speak so disrespectfully to an Empress?!

Does she know what consequences might befall upon her?!

The (h/c) haired woman drifted her gaze behind the Emperor's lover, she saw Ergi looking back at her with a smirk.

That's when his words suddenly popped up in her mind

"I want you to make an enemy of her."

She mentally sighed. She couldn't believe she was about to do what he told her to.

With an elegant yet fierce poise, she glared at the concubine, "You dare talk to me like that?"

Rashta squeaked, the way she stood up straight in front of her like that was so menacing.

But she wouldn't back down that easily.

"You dare to spill tea on his grace, I'll talk to you however I want!"

"Lady Rashta...!"

The servant let out a surprise noise and was about to reprimand her, but (Y/n) raised her hand to prevent her from intervening.

The servant quickly shut their mouth and hung their head low again.

"It seems like Sovieshu forgot to teach his dog some manners."