LXX

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

She opened her bedroom door and the moment she was inside, Navier sat down on the floor with her back against the door.

Her eyes began to water.

She felt heavy, so heavy.

Her emotions came crashing down upon her like brick and she couldn't help but succumbed to it.

Then there was a sudden sound of glass tapping.

"Chirp."

She pursed her lip and she sluggishly stood up to walk towards the window.

"...Queen?"

She called out, opening the window wearily and the bird entered her chambers.

The (f/c) bird fluttered its was towards her, she took Queen into her arms and the heat from its body spread into hers.

Her tears continued to roll down her cheeks and Queen was her source of comfort as she held her close to her chest.

Queen could feel the soft sound of her heartbeat, a vague red blush appeared on her features.

"..."

Their silence said plenty, and slowly, Navier began to calm down.

"You always come to comfort me whenever I'm having a hard time, Queen." She gently let go and sat Queen down on to her lap.

"Thank you..."

She smiled, feeling the bird patting her back softly, "I sometimes wonder if you might be human. But of course you aren't, are you?"

"—!"

Queen flinched at her statement, she couldn't possibly know, could she?!

"...Chirp."

Navier let out a laugh, seeing how her bird companion turned stiff in her arms.

But before she could say anything— her lady-in-waiting knocked on the door and entered with her permission.

"Your majesty."

"Countess Eliza?"

(E/c) beady eyes and emerald coloured ones stared at the older woman in front of them who had a down expression.

"A messenger from the Verdi family stopped by." The blonde gave her a questioning look.

"The Verdi family?"

"Yes."

"Is it from the Viscountess Verdi?"

The lady-in-waiting nodded, "Yes, your majesty, Viscountess Verdi said she can no longer be your lady-in-waiting."

What? Navier scrunched her eyebrows, "Are you certain the message was from Viscountess Verdi?"

When the older woman nodded her head again, the blonde stared at her in bewilderment.

Viscountess Verdi...

Didn't she borrowed some money from her a few days ago?

The Viscountess' household was in massive debt because of the troubled actions of her husband and son.

The debt was not enough to leave them on the streets, but most of their income had been used to pay it off.

And now Viscountess Verdi was quitting her position as her lady-in-waiting?

'Did something happened?' She wondered.

"I hope everything is okay."