LI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Your majesty, the Emperor—"

"Enough."

The said Emperor raised a hand, successfully silencing her as he continued to strode towards his wife.

"Your majesty? What brings you here at this hour—?"

"Why have you changed so much?!"

He bellowed, his sudden burst startled her, her ladies-in-waiting and a servant who was merely passing by.

Navier stared at him in confusion, before speaking, "Change? What do you mean I've changed?"

"I'm talking about what happened with Rashta and the bad things you said to her."

Bad things? As if he knew what she was thinking, he answered her mental question.

"You said that I would take another concubine after her."

"Rather than trying to be friendly to me, I told her to be friendly with another concubine when she comes."

"!"

Sovieshu was surprised at what she said, he initially didn't believe that she would have said such a thing, but she proved him wrong.

"She spoke without malice. Must you act so cynical?"

"...I’ve changed? You’ve changed."

"Empress!"

Rashta was merely his concubine, but the woman's name was everywhere and it seemed she couldn't get away from her.

'Again with Rashta. I'm sick and tired of hearing that name.'

The Empress sighed, raising a hand to her head as she felt it mildly throbbed.

"And I've already told you I didn't want to hear about her anymore, and yet you continue to bring her up."

"I heard what happened this afternoon. You don't want to hear about her? If you had just let her be, I wouldn't be here in the first place!"

Her patience with him was seriously running thin, why couldn't she just have one day without any troubles?

"...Your majesty."

She started, toning her voice down as she was already tired from all the yelling.

"Did the former Emperor ever talk about Countess Sophie to the former Empress?"

"...!"

Sovieshu paused, feeling a bit shook at her sudden words. He was also looking a bit pale at the sudden mention of his father's favoured mistress.

His eyes formed of a glare directed at her and he raised his hands, gesturing his arms around her room.

"This room is full of beautiful furniture, and you can buy anything you want. You are cruel to someone who has lived their life pitifully."

She stared back at him, seeing how his eyes were so full of disappointment.

"Rashta is also one of your people. Don't you pity her?"

"No."

Her words were stern and she was speaking the truth, Sovieshu was in dismay. He couldn't believe she was this cruel.

"I didn't realize you were capable of saying such horrid things."

Without another word, he left her room, slamming the door as he did so. But once he was gone, Navier felt the weight of all the tension came crashing down on her.

Luckily, her ladies-in-waiting, Laura and Countess Eliza were quick enough to be at her side and aid her.

"Your majesty...!"

"Your majesty, I have present to you, ten lavish crimson red dresses and several more imported jewelleries, all of which are from the highest of qualities and are made from the finest of materials."

The Marchioness stated, as she proudly showcased beautiful garments and ornaments that were all fit for an Empress.

"As per requested by her majesty, I have solemnly handpicked all of this from my personal collection and had brought them here today for her majesty's choosing."

Marchioness Clemonte gave out a small smile and added, "Please take your pick, there is no need to shy away from choosing the most flawless gift."

(Y/n) sat in her chair and eyed every garment and ornament closely. She let out a sigh and sunk back in her seat.

"I can't choose..."

The Duke let out an amused sound and shook his head, "For a woman, you really do lack a lot of learning when it comes to fashion senses, don't you?"

The (h/c)-nette merely gave him a side glance, "That's why I have my ladies-in-waiting, Piere. And it's not like I'm that unknowledgeable when comes to fashion."

"I'm just having trouble choosing because this gift has to be perfect for her..."

She whispered the last part to herself, but Piere caught it though, which made him roll his eyes at her statement.

"But of course."

Her eyes lingered amongst the many beautiful things around her office, all of which made her thoughts ponder about her.

The Empress hummed and sit straight in her seat, "Abi, which ones do you think would suit her best?"

"Well, if I were to choose, I would personally recommend the ones that are deemed comfortable to her. Knowing Empress Navier, she would definitely prefer to wear something comfortable yet elegant and simple."

"A dress that is comfortable and simple, but still screamed Empress of course." She added.

She thoughtfully pondered at her words and her eyes then drifted to a particular dress.

"Then, how about that one?"

She pointed, the Marchioness stared at where she was pointing at and smiled, "Excellent choice, your majesty."

It was a turtleneck long sleeved crimson red dress that had a vague red printed designs on it, a black lacey patch covered the open area of the dress' chest and the neckline part of it was adorned by small pearls and crystals.

(Y/n) stood up and closely inspected the dress her lady-in-waiting was holding, smiling to herself before stating,

.

.

.

"An excellent choice indeed."