LXXIV

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

Third day of the New Year's ceremony.

Earlier.

The moment Rashta had told everyone her little 'playful' idea, the Viscountess and her maid stared at her, bewildered.

"Pardon?!"

"I’m sorry? You want to deceive Prince Heinley?"

Viscountess Verdi stared at her, flabbergasted. Which earned her a peal of laughter and a smile.

"It’s not deceiving. I’m just playing around."

"But..."

The older woman surely didn't look so sure about this whole idea. She didn't like the idea of playing someone, especially a member of the Royal Family.

"You said it yourself, Viscountess. The Empress would never come forward."

"But…you would still be deceiving a member of the royal family…"

Rashta waved her hand dismissively at her, as she ordered another maid to fetch her some of her clothes.

She motioned for Cherily to come forward and the concubine gleefully picked out a few suitable dresses for her.

"But what if the Prince finds out?"

The silver-nette saw the uncertainty look on their faces, she clapped her hands together and exclaimed.

"If he finds out, we can say it was a joke. If things go well, the Prince will fall in love with Cherily. Right?"

Cherily entered Heinley's room, she was a bit hesitant at first but Rashta kept on pushing her so she had no choice but to obey.

Besides if the Prince doesn't find out, his highness might like her. Just like what that mistress had said.

"It's very nice to meet you, Prince Heinley. I'm Cherily, your anonymous pen pal."

Cherily gripped her hands close to her chest, her face was brightly red as she felt her heart beat undeniably fast.

'So he's Prince Heinley.'

She thought, looking at the Prince— who was merely wearing a robe and was leaning against the bookshelf.

He just as handsome as the rumours had stated. He was absolutely breathtaking— actually no— He was more handsome than what the rumours say.

His arms were crossed and magenta coloured eyes stared at her, intently. The way he placed his gaze at her, the maids guts instinctively told her to flee.

But she remained frozen in her spot.

"You're the one I exchanged letters with?"

She nodded, anxiously. "Y-Yes."

"Are you sure?"

The maid flinched, his voice sounded sharp and she could've sworn she heard a hint of boredom to it.

"...Pardon?"

He pushed himself off the bookshelf he was leaning against and started to walked towards her.

"My pen pal is a very precious friend to me, so I'll be genuinely happy if it's truly you...but if it's not, I don't know what I might do in my disappointment."

He stopped right in front of her and his magenta coloured eyes peered down at her slightly quivering form.

"So you're certain it's you, yes?"