XL

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

She sighed, after all the things she had to get done— and all those gossip about some woman, she finally got some time for herself.

And what better way to spend that time than to go to her favourite place and enjoy her time reading a book.

A book that (Y/n) and her would often read when they were young.

Ah, speaking of (Y/n), Navier's thoughts then wandered off to how she was doing. The last time she had saw her was on her official coronation.

And the last she had heard of her was when the news of the Prince of the Desert Kingdom was killed, and that the (h/c)-nette had helped the King retrieve back the throne.

That was merely it.

When the blonde and her husband heard the news, both of them feverishly wrote a letter with Navier stating how she was doing and if she was unharmed.

Where Sovieshu was asking her she needed help dealing with the Prince.

(Y/n) both answered Navier's, albeit her reply took two whole pages, whilst her reply to Sovieshu were merely two words.

'No need.' Was what was written.

They still exchange letters to her— well the ravennette mostly, the blonde— not so much but she tries to.

Being an Empress was a very busy job.

She really does missed her, the (h/c)-nette really had a good sense of humour in her and it would never fail to make her smile or laugh.

Genuinely laugh and smile.

But it would only happen whenever she was around her.

"I miss her."

She clutched her book closely to her chest, as it was the only thing that had a significant importance to her.

Once she reached her destination, Navier sat comfortably on her spot and began reading her book.

"Oh! Let's start reading my favourite part!"

"But that's at the closing end of the story. Shouldn't we start at the begin?"

"Oh you're right, sorry, I just got too excited."

"That's alright, (Y/n)."

She smiled at the memory, the blonde reminisce on every time they would read the book, the Nevivonnian Empress would always start at the end point.

And not just that book, but every single story book they would read were always not an exception.

It was weird habit of hers that Navier couldn't understand.

Then again, she was always weird, she would just simply assumed that it was a Nevivonnian thing to do.

"So, his majesty visits her every day?"

"I heard he personally brings her meals to her."

"Oh my. Someone as impassive as his majesty? How unusual."

As she was halfway through her book, sounds of murmurs and gossip interrupted her peaceful time.

Which made her a bit disappointed that she didn't reached the end part of her book.

'It's all anyone's talking about lately...'

She let out a breath, 'I should close my eyes and ears to all the whisperings.' Closing her book, Navier stood up and decided to retreat back to her room.

'And there's no reason for me to sit there and listen to that gossip.'

"Is that her?"

"—!"

"Shh! No, Lady Rashta!"

She paused in her tracks, hearing what seemed to be a small childish voice and an elderly woman one.

Who—?

Then, a rustling could be heard.

"Oh!"

There on the ground was a woman with long silver hair and silver eyes, she was innocent-like and she was beautiful.

"Hello!"

Walking down in the palace's hallways, his secretary was stating all sorts of various activities and reports whilst walking by his side.

"And as for the—"

"Yes yes, I know too well on what needs to be done on that department. It's been cased several times."

"Well then, that would conclude on today's report, your majesty."

Sovieshu paused in his tracks, "Is that all?"

"Yes, your majesty."

"Is there any report or talk about her majesty, the Empress?"

Knowing full well on who he was referring to, the Marquis shook his head, "Afraid not, your majesty. The last letter you sent to her has yet to be replied."

"She didn't sent a reply yet?"

"No, not yet."

"Is she perhaps busy?"

"Well, she is the Empress, she must be."

"Then, is she too busy to attend the New Year's celebration?"

The Marquis was about to say something when the Emperor dismissed his words. Fixing the cuffs on his clothes as he spoke.

"Nevermind that, I'm sure she'll make up some time for m— us. After all, it has been quite a while since we've last met."

His secretary wasn't sure how to respond so he merely nodded his head and said nothing.

"Anyways, where is she?"

"Your majesty?"

"Rashta, where is she?"

"Oh."

He cleared his throat, "Well, I've heard she was seen going into her majesty's side of the palace."

"...what?"

"Lady Rashta has gone into the Empress' residence, your majesty."

"What is she doing there?"

The Marquis shrugged, not knowing the answer to his question. Sovieshu sighed and groaned.

.

.

.

"I best better fetch her."