CXXIII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

(Y/n) sat next to his bedridden figure, she took the cloth from his forehead, she dipped it in the bowl of cold water and she properly wrung it out this time before placing it back again on his forehead.

"If you had just rest for awhile with me you wouldn't be in this state right now."

She placed her hands on her lap, staring at Sovieshu with a soft expression. "But you're workaholic mind prevented you from doing so."

"Honestly, today is supposed to be partying and not being sick."

She pouted at him and he chuckled at her behaviour.

"Ah, it is truly refreshing to have you around. Both you and Navier really are different from each other."

The (h/c)-nette rose a brow, "Oh? And what do you mean by that?"

Of course they were different from each other. One was born and raised differently from the other, after all.

The ravennette let out a small sigh before speaking, "Well, whenever I talk to the Empress she would always speak so firm and cold. She's sometimes dull, truthfully."

"But whenever I talk to you,"

He smiled and his eyes stared at her lovingly. "I feel as if I can truly be myself. With you, I see myself as Sovieshu and not the Eastern Emperor."

How flattering.

She rose her brow and a smirk formed on her lips. Ah, if his late majesty was still alive— would he be proud of her if she would report this to him?

How unfortunate that she didn't feel the same way.

She reached out a hand and gently caressed his cheek, while she rested her chin on her palm.

The man blushed and slightly flinched at her actions before calming down and allowed himself to feel her touch.

Oh, Sovieshu...

She had a triumph smile on her face, 'The things I could do to you right now. Seeing you in such a vulnerable state makes me wanna do bad things to you.'

She so badly wanted to laugh on his face for being so pathetic, but she held herself back.

There was no way she's going to do that after what she and her company had to do. No, now wasn't the right time yet.

She licked her lips subtly. She was savouring the image of him being so pathetic.

She wondered...

'Will you look the same when you're Empire finally crumbles?'

Or...

'Will you present me with something even more pathetic than this?'

Well, the answer will be coming to her soon.

She gently removed her hand from his face— much to his dismay— as she let out a small chortle.

"That's just who she is, I suppose. If you ask me, I think she's the practical ideal of a perfect Empress."

"But she doesn't have to act like an Empress all the time. She can always drop it whenever we're not in the palace."

"..."

'Oh you fool...'

(Y/n) almost pitied him for his stupidity. But then again, he was right. But she won't say that out loud though.