XLII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"You insolent brat! How dare you act so familiar? You filthy wench!"

As Rashta was to about grabbed a hold onto her majesty again, Laura was quick to move forward and slapped her hand harshly away.

"Who are you calling..."

"—?"

"A filthy wench?"

Just then, Sovieshu arrived with two guard following closely behind him.

"Y-Your majesty...!"

Navier's ladies-in-waiting then make way for the Emperor and respectfully bowed at his presence.

His eyes met hers, but said nothing. Instead his entire attention was set on the crying woman on the ground.

"Rashta!"

He rushed past her, kneeling on the ground to try and comfort the sobbing woman.

"Oh dear, don't cry..."

"Didn't I just tell you to stop crying?" His voice was soft and gentle as he lovingly wiped her tears away.

"I really can't take my eyes off of you for a moment."

Rashta's silver eyes met her green ones. There was a sudden pang of ugly feeling in her chest, a feeling that Navier wasn't too familiar of.

Perhaps it was only natural she felt that way, just like what Countess Eliza said.

And one thing's for certain, she had the freedom to from such an uncomfortable sight to behold.

"We shall take our leave as my feet are aching."

"Wait."

"—?"

"Stop, Empress."

"What is it, your majesty?"

Sovieshu glared his eyes, "That lady-in-waiting." He pointed. The blonde turned her gaze to where he pointed.

'Laura?'

The ginger haired flinched and shivered at the sudden mention of her presence.

He couldn't possibly want to scold her because of what she said to Rashta?

"Leave her here with me, Empress."

"If you tell me what for, first."

She was the Empress and Laura was her lady-in-waiting and the daughter of esteemed daughter of a high-ranking family.

His glare hardened, to punish her lady-in-waiting because of someone who isn't even his mistress yet...

He would be publicly shaming her—

'And me as well.'

"Y-Your majesty..."

"No."

Navier stepped forward, protectively raising her arm in front of the ginger haired.

"She is my lady-in-waiting."

"Yes, she is your lady-in-waiting. But is also a citizen of my Empire."

The ravennette rebutted her statement, motioning his hand towards his guards and motioning them to seize the girl.

"Lock her up for three days."

Laura was at awe, the feeling of fear creeping down her spine. All of them not knowing a smirk forming on a certain someone's face.