XLIX

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"This is my secret place, although a very close friend of mine helped me architect this place."

"..."

The bird titled its head, from its perspective, it could see her eyes glistening.

"I sometimes come here to cry all my feelings out, but she doesn't know that."

She muttered the last part to herself, feeling somewhat ashamed of the thought of her childhood friend finding out she was in there crying.

"It's a secret, understand—?"

"!"

The (f/c) bird stretched out its wing, patting her cheeks softly and sure enough, it felt something wet upon it.

"Oh, my."

Navier let out a soft sigh through her nose, also giving out a small smile. "Are you trying to comfort me? How kind you are."

"Coo?!"

The blonde gave it a small peck on its head, the bird flinching as she did so, it wasn't expecting her to do such a thing.

Conveniently enough, Navier had a tendency to always carry a pen and paper with her, just in case if she needed to wrote something down.

"A kind, intelligent bird like you deserves a name which benefits your character."

Her letter reads:

"Queen."

"So, your name shall be 'Queen'."

"Coo..."

She happily stated as a smile was evident on her face, she went on to tie the letter on its leg, her smile never leaving.

"Thank you for coming to see me, Queen. I'm in good spirits, thanks to you."

She embraced 'Queen', squeezing it gently in her arms. Genuinely feeling a lot better now that the bird had come and visit her.

"I hope you will come and visit me again."

Footsteps echoed in the Imperial Palace's hallways, servants passing by immediately lower their gazes and heads as an act of courtesy.

It was still nighttime and he had just finished a few of his works and he was just about to head back to her majesty's office when—

"Your excellency, Duke Caldwell."

The said man halted his tracks and turned to see who called out to him.

"Ah, Grand Duke Kaufman."

The albino approached him, stopping at merely a few distance away. "Good evening, your grace, I take it there is something you wished say to me."

Piere stated, giving a small gesture of courtesy and with the foreign Duke nodding in acknowledgement.

"There is."

"Hm, and that may be?"

His sepia coloured eyes stared at him for a moment before speaking, "I wished to know if her majesty has had her dinner yet."

Her secretary paused, what? He wished to know if the (h/c)-nette had eaten yet? The fact itself was a bit odd to him.

"I'm afraid, the Empress has yet to consume her nightly meal."

Kaufman lightly gasped, "What? But it's past dinner already. Is she skipping her meals?"

Alright, now this was getting weird, the Kaufman he knew was quiet and would very often let out a few words.